You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Anyone else have glitches / macroblocks on Tomb Raider 2013?
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
edddeduck_feral Sep 27, 2016
Quoting: dubigrasuGPU Nvidia Physx is already available for Linux since 2014. I think Metro Redux games are using it.

Yep we've used it in loads of games, whenever the Windows version uses PhysX we use t on Mac/Linux too. It's a standard physics library these days for many titles.

I'd also note most games only use it in software mode, it's very rare any game uses hardware mode as that was Nvidia hardware only. Software works on all graphics cards so that's the but most dev use.

Fun fact we were the first ever people to use PhysX on Mac back in the day.

Edwin
edddeduck_feral Sep 27, 2016
Double Post
dubigrasu Sep 27, 2016
Quoting: edddeduck_feral
Quoting: dubigrasuGPU Nvidia Physx is already available for Linux since 2014. I think Metro Redux games are using it.

Yep we've used it in loads of games, whenever the Windows version uses PhysX we use t on Mac/Linux too. It's a standard physics library these days for many titles.

I'd also note most games only use it in software mode, it's very rare any game uses hardware mode as that was Nvidia hardware only. Software works on all graphics cards so that's the but most dev use.
Edwin
About that, is there any tool/way (on Linux) to detect the physx mode in use (CPU vs GPU)? I'm thinking something similar with PhysX Visual Indicator on Windows: http://physxinfo.com/wiki/PhysX_Visual_Indicator
edddeduck_feral Sep 29, 2016
Quoting: dubigrasu
Quoting: edddeduck_feral

Edwin
About that, is there any tool/way (on Linux) to detect the physx mode in use (CPU vs GPU)? I'm thinking something similar with PhysX Visual Indicator on Windows: http://physxinfo.com/wiki/PhysX_Visual_Indicator

I think the Nvidia drivers might have a way of telling but I honestly can't tell you.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.