Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Volunteers Game Beta Testing, X360 PS3 Gamepads
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
CleanWater Nov 8, 2016
Hi,

I'm an indie developer and it's been a long time I'm trying to include support to gamepads for Linux on my games. Unfortunately, my company works with a very small budget and I can't acquire all the controllers and hardware needed for these testings. So I need your help.

If you have a Playstation 3/4 or Xbox 360/One gamepad, have a Steam account and are willing to help, please contact me here.

Every tester will receive a free Steam Key for each game, and also will have their name (or nickname of choice) in the game's credits.

Thanks in advance!
Alysson L. Neto
herycp Nov 9, 2016
i want be tester but unfortunately i only have normal controler

usually i Mimic Xbox wich xboxdrv

so if u want test ur game in normal controler wich mimic xbox wich xboxdrv (i think its same with if we use real xbox controler driver xboxdrv) i can do it
wolfyrion Nov 9, 2016
I dont have any Xbox or PS3/PS4 Controller but Porradaria 2 doesnt recognize my Wireless Logitech Gamepad controller F710
CleanWater Nov 9, 2016
Quoting: herycpi want be tester but unfortunately i only have normal controler

usually i Mimic Xbox wich xboxdrv

so if u want test ur game in normal controler wich mimic xbox wich xboxdrv (i think its same with if we use real xbox controler driver xboxdrv) i can do it

Sure! Everyone is welcome! =)
My main point in these testings is to learn what will work and what won't. I will send you Steam Keys ASAP.

Quoting: wolfyrionI dont have any Xbox or PS3/PS4 Controller but Porradaria 2 doesnt recognize my Wireless Logitech Gamepad controller F710

Thanks for testing it and let me know. Your controller is D-Input I believe. The game doesn't support it right now, but I'm looking for a way to support it. I'm going to upload a beta for these D-Input testings soon. I will let you known here of this beta as soon as it is ready. =)
Crystal Dagger Nov 9, 2016
It is nice seeing people helping out indie developers. Sadly my XBOX controller is dead and I don't have another one...
CleanWater Nov 9, 2016
Quoting: CandricSI can test with my Steam Controller and Logitech Rumblepad 2 if you want testers for those.

Sure! Welcome in! :D
Skully Nov 10, 2016
I am happy to test my wireless Xbox360 Controller for you. I have 4 of em if multiplayer needs a try too.
damarrin Nov 10, 2016
I can test with PS3/4 controllers.
wojtek88 Nov 10, 2016
I can test on PS4 controller + Steam controller. But not today - tomorrow ;)
BlackBloodRum Nov 11, 2016
If you still need people to test the PS3 controller let me know, I can help you with testing the PS3 controller on Linux (Fedora 24) in wireless mode as my PS3 controller is paired with my computers bluetooth.
CleanWater Nov 12, 2016
Hi everyone!

Thanks for your interest. You will be helping me a lot with it.

I shall wait until monday to see if anyone else will be interested. Then I will send you via PM a key for each game and a google form asking the Linux version and controller type you used in the testing. Please fill one form for each controller type you tested. It will help me visualize things better.

Many thanks again to you all! ^_^

By the way... Someone here knows any good, free and open source library for using controllers and gamepads on Linux?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.