Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
[Not a gol bug] Blank page after loading the page
Xpander Nov 21, 2016
Hey,

recently i have had issues with the website.

for example if i open the browser and i already had the GamingOnlinux tab opened since last session
it then is trying to refresh and gives blank page with no gamingonlinux.com on the address bar.

another weird thing happens when i close the browser when i was reading an article.
it then refreshes the page and then goes into fullscreen youtube video that was in the arcticle with no way going back to gamingonlinux.com

its strange.. maybe its an browser issue? vivaldi-snapshot is being used.. will test other browsers as soon as i can.
Liam Dawe Nov 21, 2016
Never heard of that issue in either firefox or chrome, it's likely a browser or extension bug. We are doing nothing out of the ordinary.
Xpander Nov 21, 2016
will give it a spin, i removed extensions but issue is still same.. the weird thing is that it doesnt happen all the time... have to test with other browsers to make sure

edit: i think i found what was the issue. theres a new option in vivaldi called "Lazy Load" which doesnt load tabs automatically after starting a browser. Still weird that GamingOnLinux page is the only one with this issue, i have like 40 or more tabs and none other have this weird issue
Liam Dawe Nov 21, 2016
Sounds like they have a few bugs that need reporting ;)
Xpander Nov 24, 2016
yeah its fixed in the latest vivaldi-snapshot

it was still strange that any other page i had didnt have this problem.. but whatever its fixed..
case closed :)
Liam Dawe Nov 24, 2016
It was likely an edge-case only affecting a few places with their handling of certain html tags or something.

Good to know it's sorted :D
Xpander Dec 4, 2016
btw, the issue was with ublock still. it fixed itself for short time but broke again.
nothing to do with browser. ublock makes this.. started to happen on reddit page also

replaced ublock with adblock and no issues.

just for people who might find same problem.
Liam Dawe Dec 4, 2016
WHUT, we don't really have anything for ublock to activate on, except maybe the facebook and twitter feeds in the sidebar, stupid plugin.
Xpander Dec 4, 2016
Quoting: liamdaweWHUT, we don't really have anything for ublock to activate on, except maybe the facebook and twitter feeds in the sidebar, stupid plugin.

yeah..seems stupid plugin :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.