You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
  Go to:
Favourite Linux IDE?
Ben D commented on 25 November 2016 at 3:49 pm UTC

ColomboCan you suggest me lightweight IDE that has that whispering and documentation? (and autocompletion)?
Atom (https://atom.io/) is very clean and lightweight, and supports quite a lot of features through extensions.

Mashard4 commented on 30 November 2016 at 5:10 am UTC

Sublime Text 3 works great for me.

wojtek88 commented on 30 November 2016 at 8:08 am UTC

I use IntelliJ IDEA for all my Java work and I wouldn't change it for any other IDE.

Eike commented on 30 November 2016 at 11:45 am UTC

I'm using (if I find time and motivation after programming on Windows at work) Eclipse CDT.

edo commented on 30 November 2016 at 6:50 pm UTC

Netbeans is my favorite, definitely. I just have to add a GTK UI configuration to make it looks nice and it make it alot better

SeeK commented on 30 November 2016 at 11:13 pm UTC

Wow.... surprised nobody has mentioned Codelite.

I've used just about every text editor & IDE out there, Codelite is what I've stuck with.

Trump commented on 12 December 2016 at 5:23 pm UTC

For quick or small projects I tend to use Nano with tmux + other crap. Other times I use Atom.io

StackMasher commented on 15 December 2016 at 1:38 pm UTC

xed, make, and gcc

amatai commented on 15 December 2016 at 1:54 pm UTC

I use vim too on a daily basis. I'm surprised so few people here use it.

Corben commented on 19 December 2016 at 4:00 pm UTC

I used to work with Eclipse, but it felt heavy and getting slower with each update. At work we have a special version of micro emacs, which still is an IDE, as you can compile your C programs from it and jump into the code when having errors.
For minor changes on text files, I just use vim... but meanwhile my favorite editor is Sublime Text 3.
I've found a video tutorial online, called Perfect Workflow with Sublime Text, and that showed my how awesome Sublime Text is.
Meanwhile Atom.io might be also quite similar, or even Microsoft's Visual Code... but I still stick with Sublime Text, as I payed the license fee (imho it's totally worth it) and got so used to it, that I don't want to have any other editor again.
It lacks some features big IDEs have, but I can get along with that.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook