Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
User profile feature additions, any requests?
Liam Dawe Nov 22, 2016
So I want to make user profiles actually useful, does anyone have any feature requests for profiles specifically?
Julius Nov 22, 2016
Add an option to add a itch.io developer's page?

Hmm, XMPP accounts? Maybe run an instance of movim (federated social network build on top of XMPP)? See: https://movim.eu/ for user blogs etc.?
imdan12 Nov 22, 2016
How to features to make new linux gamer know how to use Linux. Like installing GPU Drivers.
Liam Dawe Nov 22, 2016
Quoting: imdan12How to features to make new linux gamer know how to use Linux. Like installing GPU Drivers.
I'm asking for profile features, not for articles/guides.
Xpander Nov 22, 2016
not really a profile feature but why arent likes and pc information shown in forum posts? :)

about profile features. did you improve that PC info signature? with nice background pictures etc.. would be nice to have this when you hover over the usernames or something
Liam Dawe Nov 22, 2016
Quoting: Xpandernot really a profile feature but why arent likes and pc information shown in forum posts? :)

about profile features. did you improve that PC info signature? with nice background pictures etc.. would be nice to have this when you hover over the usernames or something
Oh poop, I've just added distro icons and PC info link to forum posts. Thanks for the nudge.

As for the PC info signature, it's a work in progress :)
GustyGhost Nov 23, 2016
Automatically inform users if their profile machine meets the requirements of game whose specs are revealed in a given article?

Edit: I just realized that this would require GOL to catalogue the performance metrics of all listable parts and we clearly aren't a benchmarking site. Scratch that.
-Daniel-Palacio- Nov 23, 2016
An option to choose a dark theme for the site. Nothing complex, just to change the colour palette and have grey backgrounds and silver fonts (like Discord, for instance).

Also, is there already an option to receive a notification in your email when someone sends you a Private Message here?
Liam Dawe Nov 23, 2016
Quoting: SangreDeReptilAn option to choose a dark theme for the site. Nothing complex, just to change the colour palette and have grey backgrounds and silver fonts (like Discord, for instance).
That's something for Patreon supporters, which you should have as an editor, have fixed it for you (look in UserCP options).
Liam Dawe Nov 23, 2016
Quoting: SangreDeReptilAlso, is there already an option to receive a notification in your email when someone sends you a Private Message here?
Missed that part of your post, yes, look in the UserCP there's lots of options people probably never look at.
Blauer_Hunger Nov 23, 2016
I'd like to have a XMPP conference for Gaming on Linux (or even better a fully featured XMPP service (HTTP File Upload, Personal Eventing Protocol, Message Archive Management, Proxy, Roster Versioning, Stream Management, Push, Client State Indication, Multi User Chat, ...) for everyone with an account on the site. Ideally the XMPP Server gets synced with the private messages on the forum, so that I can easily work with them on my phone. ).
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.