Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
KDE System tray icons problem
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
MaCroX95 Feb 5, 2017
Quoting: subdiffOk, so that on XFCE it opens the window directly only applies to Discord (and other electron apps) and not Steam, right?

Yeah, correct :) Steam just has the menu for both left and right click, however majority of other apps have left click to open app.
yochaigal Jun 3, 2017
Has this been resolved for any of you guys? My Arch KDE setup (5.10.0) still doesn't allow open on left-click for apps like Discord, Slack.
MaCroX95 Jun 3, 2017
Quoting: yochaigalHas this been resolved for any of you guys? My Arch KDE setup (5.10.0) still doesn't allow open on left-click for apps like Discord, Slack.

On KDE 5.10 the issue has been partially resolved.

The issues arose from the fact that all of those apps were still using the old legacy tray system which newer Plasma desktop doesn't support. Their response to the issue seems to have been to actually merge the function of left and right click, so now it opens the tray menu for the application, which honestly does the job for me, since everything else about Plasma desktop seems to be functioning that well.

And about the no.2 problem in my original post when Windows would open in background when clicking open in the tray, that is only related to focus stealing settings under the System settings --> Window management --> Window behavior --> Focus tab, it needs to be set to "none".
yochaigal Jun 3, 2017
Interesting - I don't have this behavior. Left-clicking (single or double) on the discord icon for instance doesn't open a menu, or the app.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.