Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Hitman: Absolution
ziabice Feb 1, 2017
Anyone had luck running this game?

In this blog post from the WINE-Staging developers they state that the game works: http://wine-staging.com/news/2017-01-25-blog-vulkan-dx11.html

So I tried to run the game, but it fails. I suspect that the culprit are my video drivers: I'm using Mesa 13.0.3 and radeonsi driver.

If you want to try, remember to create a 64bit WINE prefix, otherwise the game don't installs.
sr_ls_boy Feb 1, 2017
Yeah, it works. The performance isn't good. My advice
is to run wine tricks to install your dll's.
ziabice Feb 1, 2017
Via winetricks I already installed dx10, dx11, dx9 dlls and vcrun_2012 and vcrun_2013. But when I start the game it says I don't have support for DirectX 10.
PlutonMaster Feb 1, 2017
I can confirm that I can play this with Manjaro + Wine 2.0 gaming-nine.
Game started with launcher when disabling CSMT. I only did the benchmarks, no matter was it maxed or default settings. The FPS was terrible(about 5-13FPS) and maxed settings + tesselation gives me black shaders/textures.
Tested with nvidia closed drivers. I'll wait that the Wine gets more improved and FPS will be smoother.
ziabice Feb 1, 2017
No one using radeonsi or AMDGPU-PRO drivers?
sr_ls_boy Feb 1, 2017
I'm using the proprietary drivers from nvidia.
Try running from the command line and looking
at the debug messages.

You could try importing this key. I swear by this.
It forces your dx user space dll's to native.

reg file link

Make a back up of your key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DllOverrides, before
importing.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.