Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
HITMAN - Failed to start game (missing executable)
MadVillain Feb 17, 2017
I bought HITMAN "full experience upgrade pack" yesterday and downloaded the game, but I can't start it. It shows a message: "Failed to start game (missing executable)"
Also i noticed that if i uncheck flags for all DLCs or check only "Intro pack" game has zero volume to download.
I already tried changing download region and clearing download cache but it didn't help.
Could anyone please help me with this issue?
Redface Feb 17, 2017
Did you try "verify integrity of game file" under properties -> Local files ?
MadVillain Feb 17, 2017
Quoting: RedfaceDid you try "verify integrity of game file" under properties -> Local files ?
I've tried it, it didn't work either.
Ehvis Feb 18, 2017
You bought the "upgrade" pack? But you didn't have the original game? Is that even possible?
MadVillain Feb 18, 2017
Quoting: EhvisYou bought the "upgrade" pack? But you didn't have the original game? Is that even possible?
I have the original game and I've played it on Windows before.
Redface Feb 18, 2017
Contact Feral and/or Steam support. I would try with Feral first.
MadVillain Feb 18, 2017
Quoting: RedfaceContact Feral and/or Steam support. I would try with Feral first.
I wrote an email to Feral support about 4 hours ago.
Quoting: FeralYour support request has been received and will be reviewed by our support team. We will reply to you as soon as we can.
wedusk101 Feb 19, 2017
Same problem here.
JonB_Feral Feb 20, 2017
  • Game Dev
HI,

Both of these issues should now be resolved, please contact Feral support if they continue after tryign to launch the game after today.

Thanks
Yuri Feb 20, 2017
Hi,

I have the same problem i think.
After message "unsupported linux distribution version" i start The game and game crashed.
How can i fix this?

my config
System: Kernel: 4.4.0-53-generic x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 5.4.0)
Desktop: Cinnamon 3.2.7 (Gtk 3.18.9-1ubuntu3.1) dm: mdm Distro: Linux Mint 18.1 Serena
CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3-4150 (-HT-MCP-) cache: 3072 KB

Graphics: Card-1: Intel 4th Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
bus-ID: 00:02.0 chip-ID: 8086:041e
Card-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Cape Verde XT [Radeon HD 7770/8760 / R7 250X]
bus-ID: 01:00.0 chip-ID: 1002:683d
Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: ati,radeon,intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
Resolution: [email protected]
GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAPE VERDE (DRM 2.43.0 / 4.4.0-53-generic, LLVM 4.0.0)
GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 17.1.0-devel Direct Rendering: Yes
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.