Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
[FIXED] "Stay logged in" no longer works when using Steam for login
HollowSoldier May 1, 2017
It's a recent regression, it used to work fine just a few days/weeks ago. Now ticking the box makes no difference, in the next session I have to log in again.
Redface May 1, 2017
I had that last week week when I travelled with my laptop, also after getting home I think I had to type the password once. Now it isnt asking for it anymore. I did not see it on my stationary.
Do you connect from different networks? Maybe its a new security measure.

EDIT: I misunderstood, I thought this was about logging into the Steam Client, that is what I did on my laptop
HollowSoldier May 1, 2017
Same network, same IP, same computer, same browser, same everything.

I go to the site, click login. Tick "stay logged in" and "remember username", then click the "sign in with steam" button. I'm redirected to steamcommunity.com for confirmation, then I'm logged in.

I close the browser, reopen it, visit the site again, and I'm logged out. That's not how it worked previously.
Liam Dawe May 1, 2017
Yeah sorry about that, I have confirmed it's a bug with some code changes. Re-working a bunch of stuff atm, will be fixed in a day or two hopefully. Thanks for finding the issue.
Guppy May 1, 2017
Oddly I do not have this issue in spite of regularly logging in from 3 different locations
Liam Dawe May 5, 2017
This should now be fixed, all social logins keep you logged in until you log out.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.