You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
  Go to:
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Shmerl commented on 24 August 2018 at 9:10 pm UTC

See here. From it, it sounded like he didn't solve the problem, but somehow just made it look good even with it.

Unless what @YoRHa-2B meant that he actually collaborated with Vulkan driver team to use an experimental not in spec feature to implement it, and then submitted it to the Khronos group as a proposal. That would have been cool. But this process is not public, so it's hard to know what that meant.

Shmerl commented on 5 September 2018 at 3:46 am UTC

Progress confirmed for EXT Vulkan extension:

QuoteSome members of the Vulkan working group are developing a multi-vendor EXT extension for transform feedback with the primary goal of satisfying the needs of the DXVK, vkd3d and ANGLE translation layers. The Vulkan working group does not plan to promote this functionality as a KHR extension or as core functionality because it believes there are better, more forward-looking ways of processing and capturing vertex data with the GPU. The multi-vendor EXT extension should be available soon and is likely to be implemented on those platforms where DXVK, vkd3d and ANGLE translation is required.

Ehvis commented on 5 September 2018 at 10:12 am UTC

Pretty much as I expected. Not including it in the core specification sounds reasonable. But since Khronos was always working towards API translation, having an extension specifically used for that was something they had to do.

TemplarGR commented on 6 September 2018 at 8:35 am UTC

ShmerlProgress confirmed for EXT Vulkan extension:

QuoteSome members of the Vulkan working group are developing a multi-vendor EXT extension for transform feedback with the primary goal of satisfying the needs of the DXVK, vkd3d and ANGLE translation layers. The Vulkan working group does not plan to promote this functionality as a KHR extension or as core functionality because it believes there are better, more forward-looking ways of processing and capturing vertex data with the GPU. The multi-vendor EXT extension should be available soon and is likely to be implemented on those platforms where DXVK, vkd3d and ANGLE translation is required.

Great! Fingers crossed for MESA 18.3... I know i know, i am optimistic, but still...

Arehandoro commented on 12 September 2018 at 8:27 pm UTC

Has someone experienced clipping sound on the game recently? I just tried for first time in weeks and the game runs great though with an annoying clipping sound every few seconds. I have tried with Alsa/Pulse but it's the same with both. Wine 3.15 + DXVK 0.71. I haven't seen anything on the web regarding that issue and this definitely never happened before to me.

Any ideas?

Shmerl commented on 13 September 2018 at 3:48 pm UTC

I didn't test it recently (waiting for transform feedback), but I can give it a try with recent Wine and dxvk.

Shmerl commented on 13 September 2018 at 9:58 pm UTC

Just tested - (Wine 3.15 + dxvk master). I didn't notice any change in sound. I have a more powerful CPU though. It's possible your PulseAudio is CPU starved which usually can cause clipping.

YoRHa-2B commented on 14 September 2018 at 5:29 am UTC

@Arehandoro OpenAL got updated on Arch recently, and it's completely broken. Just downgrade openal and lib32-openal to the previous version and you should be fine.

Shmerl commented on 14 September 2018 at 5:33 am UTC

YoRHa-2B@Arehandoro OpenAL got updated on Arch recently, and it's completely broken. Just downgrade openal and lib32-openal to the previous version and you should be fine.

I see that Arch is using openal 1.19.0, and Debian testing / unstable is still on libopenal1 1.18.2. Is it a bug in OpenAL 1.19 or something is wrong particularly with Arch build of it?

Shmerl commented on 14 September 2018 at 5:36 am UTC

Found the bug report: https://github.com/kcat/openal-soft/issues/226

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Crawl About: „Paper Sorcerer“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts