Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Shmerl commented on 24 December 2018 at 12:23 am UTC

Probability is very high. That kernel is ancient when Mesa is concerned. Mesa relies on amdgpu kernel driver, and that is as recent as your kernel is. I'd say, first install newest kernel and newest amdgpu firmware, and see if the issue still persist. If it does, then open a new dxvk bug.

Linuxwarper commented on 24 December 2018 at 12:40 am UTC

Kernel 4.19.11
The issue persists. Should I stick to that kernel or revert? What I meant earlier is that I don't feel confident that I can fix things if most up to date kernel breaks them.

Shmerl commented on 24 December 2018 at 12:42 am UTC

You can stick to it. It's highly recommended for Mesa usage in general to use latest kernel anyway.

Feel free to open new dxvk bug, so developers could investigate.

Linuxwarper commented on 24 December 2018 at 12:45 am UTC

sigh, github verification email isn't appearing in my email inbox...

to add to frustration, my other email isn't being accepted when I try to add it at Github.

EDIT: Nm sorted. Now to add the bug.

Shmerl commented on 24 December 2018 at 5:06 pm UTC

Just to update. This looks like llvm regression that was already fixed upstream: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=108935

Linuxwarper commented on 27 December 2018 at 11:34 pm UTC

Just to underline what Shmerl shared, when my mesa ppa brought in updates, the issue was resolved including on kernel 4.15 and 4.19. Thanks Shmerl!

Shmerl commented on 25 January 2019 at 4:22 am UTC

Some screenshots - meditating in Velen.

legluondunet commented on 25 January 2019 at 11:34 am UTC

Hello,
before to buy this game, could you tell me if it is possible to play in good conditions with last Proton/Wine version? Cinematics play ok? Gamepad ok? N more glitchs or flickering?

Shmerl commented on 25 January 2019 at 3:44 pm UTC

Yes, the game is very well playable in Wine+dxvk. I assume Proton should be OK too, but I haven't tried it. Not sure about gamepads, may be someone who uses it can comment.

DoctorJunglist commented on 25 January 2019 at 4:54 pm UTC

My Steam Controller works with the game (I play it via Proton / Steam Play).

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • RPGoodness: „Dragon Age II“ (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts