Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
  Go to:
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Shmerl commented on 9 December 2019 at 10:04 pm UTC

bekoFans expect a certain look by now because all we had before was that very old movie/series that clearly had not enough money. That's just how it is.

What I've seen so far makes me really wary. I'm afraid they'll botch this. Books or not. I read all (and various comics).

I personally don't mind if they go with their own original look. But I think they drew some inspiration from the games as well. Like that scene with the silver chain, was clearly influenced by the intro to TW1.

The only strange thing I've seen so far is Nilfgaardian armor. So let's wait and see. Hopefully they'll do a good job overall.

Last edited by Shmerl on 9 December 2019 at 10:04 pm UTC

Shmerl commented on 10 December 2019 at 2:02 am UTC

bekoFans expect a certain look by now because all we had before was that very old movie/series that clearly had not enough money.

Actually, Michał Żebrowski played quite well in The Hexer series. Despite low budget and messing up with the story, it has its charm.

A nice song from there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWInlU7bLZU

Last edited by Shmerl on 10 December 2019 at 2:08 am UTC

beko commented on 10 December 2019 at 1:19 pm UTC

I've the "movie" cut and that actor was the best thing in this xD Kinda like the movie as well but it aged really bad.

Shmerl commented on 10 December 2019 at 3:42 pm UTC

Actually the "movie" cut is taken from the series, but composed quite badly, making a very incoherent storyline. You should re-watch it in the original series form, that would make a lot more sense.

Last edited by Shmerl on 10 December 2019 at 3:43 pm UTC

beko commented on 11 December 2019 at 7:56 am UTC

ShmerlActually the "movie" cut is taken from the series, but composed quite badly, making a very incoherent storyline. You should re-watch it in the original series form, that would make a lot more sense.
Hence the "movie". I can't - or was this ever released with english subtitles somewhere?

Shmerl commented on 11 December 2019 at 8:04 am UTC

bekoHence the "movie". I can't - or was this ever released with english subtitles somewhere?

Yes, it was released once with subtitles, but I didn't find SRT files for it except for two episodes. You can however watch it with subtitles in merged into video form here:
https://archive.org/details/TheWitcherTV/

Last edited by Shmerl on 11 December 2019 at 8:34 am UTC

Shmerl commented on 12 December 2019 at 5:31 am UTC

Exploring the mountains across Kaer Trolde (you can actually get to the peak):

On the way up:

The smaller peak:

Another peak on the way up:

The highest peak:

The_Aquabat commented on 12 December 2019 at 6:13 am UTC

ShmerlExploring the mountains across Kaer Trolde (you can actually get to the peak):

I guess you need a donkey for that horse can't climb that high (at least not a normal horse). I know because once I climbed 5500 mts on a donkey. and I got sick

Last edited by The_Aquabat on 12 December 2019 at 6:19 am UTC

Shmerl commented on 12 December 2019 at 6:15 am UTC

Well, Roach had to stay below naturally, while Geralt was climbing on foot. And getting to some peaks can be tricky as well, going directly doesn't work, you need to jump and roll to advance (otherwise you'll slide down) ;)

The only ones I found that high up across Kaer Trolde were some mountain goats and harpies.

Last edited by Shmerl on 12 December 2019 at 6:18 am UTC

Shmerl commented on 12 December 2019 at 6:23 am UTC

And you can find some "snowboarding" fun there, in half pipe style valleys, where sliding works from side to side back and forth.

Last edited by Shmerl on 12 December 2019 at 6:25 am UTC

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Sneaky Beaky: „HITMAN“
  • Shots Fired: „Saints Row: The Third“
  • Story Time: „Trüberbrook“
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts