Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «163/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl May 5, 2020
I switched to Death March (Very Hard) mode a while ago. Even "Hard" one was getting too easy to play. But it looks like in expansions difficulty jumped quite a bit in comparison with the main game. Especially some new monsters are much harder, like arachnomorphs. Fighting against a whole nest of them was very hard. And that Toad Prince fight - they went almost full kayran on it.

Last edited by Shmerl on 5 May 2020 at 10:31 pm UTC
GermainZ May 6, 2020
I wouldn't say it's a hard game, it's just the wrong kind of difficulty for me. It's tedious and I don't enjoy it.
I immensely enjoy the atmosphere and stories in The Witcher, so I focus on those instead.

Other people are the other way around. And similarly, other games are probably tedious to some players, but I enjoy their difficulty.

Difficulty options and mods make everyone happy :)

Last edited by GermainZ on 6 May 2020 at 10:56 am UTC
Mohandevir May 6, 2020
Totally get your point... I'm a casual that play the game at the easiest level, accepting death when I do dumb things (like when I'm too lazy for minimal combat strategy)... And it happens. :)

But, in B&W, I make it hard on myself, trying to level Aerondight, whenever it's possible.
Shmerl May 8, 2020
Hehe, it's hilarious to see Geralt dancing jig :) Pretty fun quest

Last edited by Shmerl on 8 May 2020 at 6:51 am UTC
Pangaea May 9, 2020
Quoting: GermainZI wouldn't say it's a hard game, it's just the wrong kind of difficulty for me. It's tedious and I don't enjoy it.
I immensely enjoy the atmosphere and stories in The Witcher, so I focus on those instead.

Other people are the other way around. And similarly, other games are probably tedious to some players, but I enjoy their difficulty.

Difficulty options and mods make everyone happy :)

It's a very big and long game, especially when taking Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine into account as well, so I can understand your view. Difficulty-wise it's not that hard, but then I have played through it about 3.5 times. It was harder in the beginning, and eventually things become easy, which makes combat less interesting (but there are some things in BaW which are much tougher, which I shan't spoil). Even Death March isn't really all that deadly, at least once you get 5 levels under your belt or so.

As you mention, thankfully there are mods to tune this further. Currently my Witcher 3 save is on hiatus and I've had loads of fun with Pathfinder: Kingmaker lately, but I can heartily recommend the Ghost Mode mod to make the game more difficult. It changes a great deal of things while maintaining the core gameplay. The main thing is that combat has adopted a stamina based system, which means you need to make some changes. At least I had to, as I would routinely run out of stamina early on, because I kept dodging and swinging the sword. Soon enough Geralt basically can't move, which isn't the best situation to be in when you have a row of angry drowners, bandits or overgrown bugs ganging up on you :P As a side effect, I started to use non-sword tools more often, especially potions, plus the occasional bomb.

Overall I definitely grew to like it, and it's a fantastic piece of work from one sole developer/modder. She really knows her stuff. It's worth to check out if you find the game too easy, or want a different play experience: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/992/
Shmerl May 13, 2020
Just a beautiful view. San Sebastian backyards at night

Mohandevir May 13, 2020
The "color palette" in B&W is pretty bright, rich and vibrant... Not as dark and grey as the rest of the game. It fits pretty well with Toussaint's fairy tale theme. It's a nice touch, imo. Just have a look at the blue of the sky... Many awesome screenshots of the vineyards and valleys are possible throughout Toussaint.

Hey! You got the Viper gears!

Last edited by Mohandevir on 13 May 2020 at 12:43 pm UTC
Mohandevir May 13, 2020
Just a hint, in case you didn't already know... Keep an eye on the quest "There can only be one". This is the one that will give you Aerondight. Once you will have finished it and gotten the blade, head back to the enchanter in HoS where you will be able to add rune slots on it. I wished I knew this in my first run. This blade is much more powerful than stats are telling.

Last edited by Mohandevir on 13 May 2020 at 3:04 pm UTC
Shmerl May 13, 2020
Quoting: MohandevirJust a hint, in case you didn't already know... Keep an eye on the quest "There can only be one".

Yep, I discovered that quest already, and passed all the trials (Till Death Do You Part about noises in the cemetery was especially funny and interesting, and it gave Honor virtue).

Need to head back and talk to the hermit. Also, need to spend some time decoding inscriptions on the stones. One of the interesting examples of long texts on them.

Quoting: MohandevirThe "color palette" in B&W is pretty bright, rich and vibrant... Not as dark and grey as the rest of the game. It fits pretty well with Toussaint's fairy tale theme. It's a nice touch, imo. Just have a look at the blue of the sky... Many awesome screenshots of the vineyards and valleys are possible throughout Toussaint.

Yep, feels like you stepped into a painting. Really amazing job they did.

Quoting: MohandevirHey! You got the Viper gears!

Probably the best looking armor. They should have made Wolven set look like that.

Also, a pity they didn't keep Raven's Armor from TW2 in the game.

Last edited by Shmerl on 13 May 2020 at 5:57 pm UTC
Shmerl May 15, 2020
That Beauclair theme. Beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtIMem0mswE

Last edited by Shmerl on 15 May 2020 at 5:42 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.