Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «30/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Sep 27, 2017
OK. I know it breaks it for Nvidia blob in other cases. So far looks like this texture issue is Mesa specific. I can file a Mesa bug then.
Avehicle7887 Sep 27, 2017
I just tested the new Wine 2.17 staging and the good news is that the low res water is gone and among the stutter, for the first time I saw 50fps although for a brief seconds. Invisible floors still persist though and my average fps is no more than 21.

A welcome sight.
Shmerl Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, I noticed that water looks better in current Wine staging.
Shmerl Sep 27, 2017
Quoting: kaimanLoaded your save and did not encounter any missing/flickering textures.

By the way, did you check the video for the exact spot where it happens? It's a relatively small area (some flat stone on the ground). So it's easy to miss if you aren't looking at it.
Shmerl Sep 28, 2017
What staging patch removes those black textures from the waves on the water? Looks like doing just wined3d-buffer_create wined3d-sample_c_lz and varyings hack isn't enough to avoid that.

It could be d3d11-Deferred_Context. I'll try building with that patchset enabled.
Shmerl Sep 28, 2017
Nope, it's not d3d11-Deferred_Context. I'll try wined3d-Copy_Resource_Typeless.

UPDATE: no, using both d3d11-Deferred_Context and wined3d-Copy_Resource_Typeless didn't help either. I'll try adding wined3d-GenerateMips, though that should be implementing same dark ground hack idea that Mesa freeze prevention Wine patch implements... I'll need to use direct Mesa workaround. I think that coupling of freeze prevention and dark ground patch isn't a good idea.

UPDATE2: Yep, that did it. The water looks nice with these patches:

wined3d-buffer_create wined3d-sample_c_lz wined3d-GenerateMips d3d11-Deferred_Context xaudio2-get_al_format

I'll ping Józef about splitting his hack patch for the freeze and dark ground.
kaiman Sep 28, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlBy the way, did you check the video for the exact spot where it happens? It's a relatively small area (some flat stone on the ground). So it's easy to miss if you aren't looking at it.
I had to watch the video about three times to actually see what was wrong in the first place :-). Then I walked back and forth across that particular stone, moved the camera about, but no dice. Looked good with all three builds I tried.

Quoting: ShmerlWhat staging patch removes those black textures from the waves on the water? Looks like doing just wined3d-buffer_create wined3d-sample_c_lz and varyings hack isn't enough to avoid that.
Yeah, seem that requires the GenerateMips patch, as those black specks on the water were back for me too, with the latest builds using the hack.
Shmerl Sep 29, 2017
Interesting, the flickering issue is fixed by applying the variable introduced in this bug for the Witcher 2: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=98238

glsl_correct_derivatives_after_discard=true

The problem is that it worsens performance.
Shmerl Oct 1, 2017
Shadows from passing clouds now work with Mesa too, but I think you need to apply wined3d-GenerateMips and possibly d3d11-Deferred_Context for that.
Shmerl Oct 1, 2017
I noticed, that in some areas when it's dark / rainy, vegetation gets this white outline. Is it normal, or it's a bug?

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.