You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «31/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Oct 1, 2017
I opened this bug which has a sample with a save. Can anyone with Nvidia blob test it please?
kaiman Oct 1, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlI opened this bug which has a sample with a save. Can anyone with Nvidia blob test it please?
Happens with nVidia as well.
Shmerl Oct 1, 2017
Quoting: kaiman
Quoting: ShmerlI opened this bug which has a sample with a save. Can anyone with Nvidia blob test it please?
Happens with nVidia as well.

OK, thanks. So it's likely a Wine issue then.
Shmerl Oct 3, 2017
Is anyone getting this alghoul distortion? I've just encountered alghouls for the first time in the game.

Is it Mesa specific, or not? Did you see it with any other monsters or characters? Please also comment in the bug if you did.
Pependos Oct 3, 2017
From time to time I have this bug with various enemies, very often with endrega. nVidia blob.
Shmerl Oct 3, 2017
Quoting: PependosFrom time to time I have this bug with various enemies, very often with endrega. nVidia blob.

Please add that info to the bug, preferably with some save nearby, so developers could test it.
malek69 Oct 3, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlI noticed, that in some areas when it's dark / rainy, vegetation gets this white outline. Is it normal, or it's a bug?

staging work fine
View video on youtube.com
View video on youtube.com
I see this bug in normal wine https://youtu.be/XwxX01aA0mc?t=1m4s

Edit: I find this bug: View video on youtube.com
Shmerl Oct 3, 2017
Quoting: malek69Edit: I find this bug:

Yeah, it happens not all the time but under certain conditions, usually during raining. Supposedly it's some translucent textures failing to render.
Shmerl Oct 4, 2017
I made a variation of the varyings freeze patch for Wine, based on Samuel Pitoiset's hack. Try it please and check if it helps: https://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=59387

It should be compatible with other staging patches needed for the game (apply it after them).
Cmdr_Iras Oct 4, 2017
Is it working in Staging 2.18 on its own now? Or will I still need to pull down the source and add in patches? (if so which?)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.