Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «81/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Mar 11, 2018
Quoting: ChrupaasGuys, how to enable dxvk's hud?
I know I should use the DXVK_HUD = 1 command but I do not know where

Set the environment variable before launching the game. I launch it from the terminal, so for me it looks like:

DXVK_HUD=1 wine_dir=wine-vulkan ./the_witcher3.sh

But that uses a bunch of my own scripts inside. How are you launching the game?

Example of the above script:

the_witcher3.sh

#!/bin/bash

mesa=${mesa:-true} # use custom built mesa
hud=${hud:-false}  # use GALLIUM_HUD

export wine_dir=${wine_dir:-"wine-master"}
export mesa_dir=${mesa_dir:-"mesa-master"}

if $mesa; then
   mesa_run="mesa_run.sh "
fi

if $hud; then
   hud_run="gallium_hud.sh "
fi

export WINEPREFIX=/opt/games/wine/prefixes/witcher3
export mesa_glthread=true
export WINEDEBUG=-all

cd $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/the_witcher_3/bin/x64

${hud_run}${mesa_run}wine_run.sh witcher3.exe #&>wine_run.log
Shmerl Mar 11, 2018
Here are the key scripts that are referenced above:

wine_env.sh - Environment setting script.
wine_run.sh - Wine launcher that uses wine_env.sh.
winetricks_run.sh - winetricks launcher that uses wine_env.sh.
mesa_run.sh - script to use custom Mesa.

You can get the idea from it, how to run custom Wine + custom prefix + custom Mesa.
chinaphone-one Mar 11, 2018
Quoting: ChrupaasGuys, how to enable dxvk's hud?
Quoting: ShmerlHere are the key scripts that are referenced above:
You can get the idea from it, how to run custom Wine + custom prefix + custom Mesa.
Or you can use q4wine or similar launcher app (e.g. PlayOnLinux).
Shmerl Mar 11, 2018
Quoting: chinaphone-oneOr you can use q4wine or similar launcher app (e.g. PlayOnLinux).

I still sometimes use POL to install things since it has a nice UI for creating desktop launchers. But I prefer my scripts when I need more flexibility, and cases like testing TW3 with tons of different settings and environments is just such case.
Quoting: YoRHa-2BKind of like Vulkan, you don't pass GLSL to the driver but pre-compiled SPIR-V bytecode.
While you not NVIDIA:
Quoting: ShmerlI still sometimes use POL
I prefer q4wine, it more flexible than POL for me and allows to set per-prefix environment variables, application start/stop scripts, built-in winetricks, stores logs ...

There was only one or two times I used custom scripts to launch a game since I have q4wine.
Shmerl Mar 11, 2018
Quoting: chinaphone-oneI prefer q4wine, it more flexible than POL for me and allows to set per-prefix environment variables, application start/stop scripts, built-in winetricks, stores logs ...

There was only one or two times I used custom scripts to launch a game since I have q4wine.

POL does all that too. But with scripts it's just faster to do and edit in place. Besides, I'm gradually trying to get rid of applications that are stuck with GTK2 and Qt4 with no hope of getting any updates. It's another motivation for me to replace POL.
YoRHa-2B Mar 11, 2018
Quoting: Shmerl@YoRHa-2B: Did you have a chance to test rotfiends with radeonsi? Do you get that freeze?
Haven't tested yet because I really didn't feel like freezing my system. Will do that at some point though.

Quoting: GuestAlso get +5FPS on Nvidia, up 65% windows performance :D
Back to 60% because the optimization turned out to be broken for (most) other games.
maspeber Mar 12, 2018
Tested on weekend dxvk 0.31 - looks very good. Tested on Ubuntu 17.10, Vega 56, Ryzen 1700@3700, Oibaf ppa for Mesa, self compiled vanila wine-staging 2.21, dxvk 0.31 binary installed with the script. All worked out of the box.

Played with high settings on 2560x1080 fullscreen. I get more stable fps. With wine staging my fps dipped sometimes in towns under 20 fps, now I am around 35-40. No freezes, no texture glitches on underground. Rotfiends looks strange - like a box of triangles. But really good playable. Played for 2 or 3 hours in Blood and Wine. Quite impressed from dxvk.
Shmerl Mar 12, 2018
@maspeber: don't use wine-staging, it's already obsolete. You can use wine-vulkan for dxvk for now, until upstream Wine will catch up.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.