Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «94/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Apr 2, 2018
The loader shouldn't matter, it simply passes calls. SDK has its own loader, just more sophisticated (it supports Windows Vulkan layers, while built-in Wine one doesn't).
sebish Apr 3, 2018
I compile Wine-3.5 and dxvk and, it's works :)
In the game's options, i can't change the résolution, it's normal ?

Vulkan implement muli-GPU, it's works with Wine and dxvk ?
YoRHa-2B Apr 3, 2018
Quoting: sebishVulkan implement muli-GPU, it's works with Wine and dxvk ?
If you are asking for Crossfire/SLI, then no, DXVK does not and will never support that. D3D11 does not support Multi-GPU rendering natively at all.
Shmerl Apr 3, 2018
Quoting: YoRHa-2BIf you are asking for Crossfire/SLI, then no, DXVK does not and will never support that. D3D11 does not support Multi-GPU rendering natively at all.

By the way, looking at some slides, I notcied that besides multi-GPU, Khronos did actually plan to add transform feedback for Vulkan. So may be they are still planning to? That would help with stream output issue.

They didn't really comment about it here.

Shmerl Apr 3, 2018
Water finally looks good with dxvk (Mesa master):

Pependos Apr 9, 2018
Strange behaviour today: the game crashes when dxvk files overrides sets to 'native' (with setup_dxvk.sh script) and starts when 'builtin' (copied exactly into .../windows/system32), but DXVK_HUD=1 in this case doesn't work. Yes, I made some experiments yesterday to try to make run 'NieR: Automata' and 'GTA V', but nothing special. Also I always make a backup of my wine prefix before experiments, so I have no idea what's the reason of this mess.
Shmerl Apr 9, 2018
Quoting: PependosStrange behaviour today: the game crashes when dxvk files overrides sets to 'native' (with setup_dxvk.sh script) and starts when 'builtin' (copied exactly into .../windows/system32), but DXVK_HUD=1 in this case doesn't work. Yes, I made some experiments yesterday to try to make run 'NieR: Automata' and 'GTA V', but nothing special. Also I always make a backup of my wine prefix before experiments, so I have no idea what's the reason of this mess.

Just tested TW3 with latest dxvk - it works fine.
Faattori Apr 10, 2018
So I tried to get into the DXVK bandwagon too, but I'm only getting a black screen and can't find/figure/remember out what could be the problem. I'm pretty sure it's something stupidly basic.

My process was:
Create a new WineDXVK prefix with wine-3.5
Get the dxvk-0.41 release and run the setup script on the DXVK prefix, all is green
Run witcher3.exe, the screen is black but music is playing and mouse input works, DXVK_HUD=1 shows that it's using dxvk

When I change the $WINEPREFIX to my old Witcher3 prefix the game runs fine like with regular wine releases.

d3d11.log
dxgi.log

Ideas? Solutions?
Shmerl Apr 10, 2018
Quoting: FaattoriIdeas? Solutions?

Are you using GOG version or Steam one? Steam version has some problem with overlay which you need to disable to use dxvk. GOG version should be OK by default.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.