You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «26/178»
  Go to:
malek69 Sep 8, 2017
Quoting: mrdeathjrNext wine staging maybe can be interesting if is approved (possible fix ground still dark)
^_^
cool,error is annoying View video on youtube.com
malek69 Sep 9, 2017
Quoting: scix
Quotewine 2.16 staging
ground still dark

Are you forcing MaxVersionGL in regedit? Because with nvidia cards the bug will persist unless you use a compatibility context (the default). You can remove all OGL registry entries in staging in any case, since core/compat will be set automatically.

csmt on need to normal wine.
View video on youtube.com
De1m0s Sep 9, 2017
I got the problem, that some enemies are invisible; f.e. the sirens in Skellige. I can only see their name and statusbar. Can someone confirm this?
Pependos Sep 12, 2017
Quoting: De1m0sI got the problem, that some enemies are invisible; f.e. the sirens in Skellige. I can only see their name and statusbar. Can someone confirm this?
I can confirm it. Some enemies (Rotfiend) almost always invisible, another ones (Endrega) - from time to time.
tuubi Sep 12, 2017
Quoting: PatolaHow do you do that? There`s only one OpenGL setting listed here: https://wiki.winehq.org/Useful_Registry_Keys
MaxVersionGL is under Direct3D on that wiki page. Try the browser search function. :)
malek69 Sep 13, 2017
need add this patch to source(wine+staging): https://dev.wine-staging.com/patches/186/
howto: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=34698#notes
or wait to next relese wine staging.
csmt 1 no need to wine-staging, use winecfg
usernameplease Sep 13, 2017
Anyone managed to get those Sirens / Rotfiends de-invisible'd?

And is there a bug report somewhere yet?

I also found an earth elemental that is invisible. And the "ear guy" has an invisible head with floating eyes during a cut scene (pun intended :P), during which his model changes.

Maybe someone who's played the windows version can think of something those mobs have in common... are those all mobs that have some sort of transformation effect / changing model?
ziabice Sep 13, 2017
Installed the game using Wine-staging 2.16, played without a problem all the first part, then moved to Velen and this bug happened.

Now I want to cry because I can't play anymore. :'(
amazzy Sep 14, 2017
Running great on 2.16 for the most part, completely playable so far

Performance is still pretty bad for me on a GTX 1060 3GB. I think this has to do with the d3d11_immediate_context_GenerateMips warning. Mipmaps are progressively lower resolution version of textures which helps w/ performance. Essentially I think without them we are using the highest resolution texture always. Anyone with more experience here want to comment? Just an educated guess.

Minor bugs still occuring:

* Transparent ground textures around areas that have an underground portion, i.e. basements, etc (this is kind of a cheat :))
* Some faces missing (i.e. dopplers)
* Enemies invisible (i.e. rotfiend)
chinaphone-one Sep 15, 2017
Quoting: amazzyAnyone with more experience here want to comment?

Maybe with more in-game experience ... but ok, here is some notes:

• as usual basic configuration/tricks can be found here (PCGamingWiki)

• as usual extended configuration/comparison/... here (GeForce > Guides) !!! traffic !!!

• You can experiment w/ TextureMipBias option as described (Mipmap Bias Tweak section), but don't expect much w/ WINE

and some observations:
  • CPU PhysX:
    - the game is very CPU intensive, so consider to set FPS limit (or set to unlimited and experiment w/ libstrangle
    - meanwhile GPU utilization newer higher than 50-60% (you can check videos provided by malek69, same GPU model)
    - more NPC = less FPS, all this hair/clothes/... cities are pain, forests and rivers = +10..15fps
    - on map/gwent/... FPS and CPU utilization (and FPS) very high, while there are good PAUSE places ... screw up your FANs harder ;)

• CSMT problems:
    - maybe enabled mesa_glthread||__GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS and disabled CSMT can increase FPS, but who knows - game don't work properly w/o this
    - w/ enabled CSMT and different combinations optimizations/__GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK/__GL_YIELD fps even lower

• TL;DR:
    1. set your GPU/CPU profiles to performance mode
    2. set ingame configuration profile to ultra and disable antialiasing/hairworks/... maybe postprocessing
    3. set texture quality to ... ultra for GPUs w/ 3-4GB RAM is ok, normal-high for 2GB and so on
    4. tune TextureMipBias option (config file)
    5. aaand ... that's all you can do w/ current wine version

p.s. if someone interested in controller support - use x360ce_x64 (google it)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.