Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «47/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Nov 26, 2017
Quoting: FaattoriSo I tried to find monsters with bug #43828 happening on them, but for the life of me I couldn't find any that exhibited the bug. A while back it seemed to happen almost always on Alghouls or at least on one Harpy/Ekhidna/Siren or Endrega of a pack.

Is this still happening for other people?

I noticed that instead of those polygons sticking out, rotfiends became invisible for me. It's possible it's caused by the same bug as invisible monsters, so I'll wait for that to be fixed to confirm before closing this one.
Shmerl Nov 26, 2017
Quoting: bekoKudos for all the testing <3
Quoting: chancho_zombieagreed thanks for the testing I hate git bisecting, it's really time consuming.

Thanks! Yeah, it's kind of tedious, especially if you have a lot of revisions in between the last known good one and current master. I saved some time focusing on changes to radeonsi here (in addition to regular binary search bisection).
beko Nov 27, 2017
Looks like patches for Invisible Monsters and Caves(?) exist now :)

Wish I wouldn't be that lazy nowadays to compile myself.
Shmerl Nov 27, 2017
Quoting: bekoLooks like patches for Invisible Monsters and Caves(?) exist now :)

Yes, caves patch is in review already, and invisible monsters one is still a hack so will be manual for now. I'll test it later today. Building Wine can be easy, but gets more tedious with customization. I spent some time writing automation scripts for the whole thing (including partial staging and manual patching). If you are lazy, write scripts to do the repetitive work ;)
kaiman Nov 27, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlIf you are lazy, write scripts to do the repetitive work ;)
Yeah, that's what I did. I've manually cloned the wine and wine-staging repositories once, and then have the following script next to both directories:
#!/bin/sh
cd wine
git checkout .
git clean -f
git pull
cd ../wine-staging
git pull
cd patches
./patchinstall.sh DESTDIR=../../wine wined3d-buffer_create wined3d-Copy_Resource_Typeless d3d11-Deferred_Context wined3d-GenerateMips
cd ../../wine
CFLAGS="-march=native -O3" CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O3" CC=gcc-7 CXX=g++-7 ./configure --enable-win64 --disable-tests --prefix=/opt/wine-witcher
make -j 4
sudo make install

From time to time it needs a bit of tweaking, like checking out a specific wine revision to get the staging patches to apply correctly, or to add a manual patch like now with the invisible ground fix. But once you have even those few lines in place, doing a new build is really painless.
Shmerl Nov 28, 2017
Heh, mine is a bit more complex, since I'm building inside a VM. I might put it up somewhere to Github gist later (after some cleanup).
Shmerl Nov 28, 2017
https://gist.github.com/shmerl/bbd448bc2b579831a82df7bae3de8dc5

You can override branch there as needed (with env variable).

I.e. for example:

wine_branch=wine-2.21 ./tw3_wine_build.sh

Since current staging fell behind.
Shmerl Nov 28, 2017
If you want to patch staging patches themselves to make limited set of TW3 patches applicable to Wine master, here is a temporary diff:

https://pastebin.com/raw/X3qmauUF
Shmerl Nov 28, 2017
Marek Olšák pushed this fix, and Mesa is back to normal to good performance and no flickering!

Though now there is a problem with invisible monsters fix. It causes a freeze again :(
Shmerl Nov 28, 2017
Finally, mountain path scene renders correctly without missing surfaces! Same "caves" fix helped.

With distorted monsters fix, now this new freeze is the only major issue left it seems.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.