Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «48/178»
  Go to:
kaiman Nov 28, 2017
Quoting: Shmerlhttps://gist.github.com/shmerl/bbd448bc2b579831a82df7bae3de8dc5
Wow, that's production-grade code :-). Simple and beautiful!
lod Nov 28, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlThough now there is a problem with invisible monsters fix. It causes a freeze again :(

I can confirm this. Monsters are visible now, but the whole system froze after a while... :/
Avehicle7887 Nov 28, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlFinally, mountain path scene renders correctly without missing surfaces! Same "caves" fix helped.

With distorted monsters fix, now this new freeze is the only major issue left it seems.

All those fixes and still at a good 41 fps I see :-)

Looks like a fully working Witcher 3 on Linux is not too far away.
Shmerl Nov 29, 2017
Quoting: lodI can confirm this. Monsters are visible now, but the whole system froze after a while... :/

Can you comment in the bug please and specify your hardware / driver?
Shmerl Nov 29, 2017
Quoting: kaimanWow, that's production-grade code :-). Simple and beautiful!

Thanks! Splitting into functions helps making ad-hoc variants of the script with some steps commented out. It comes handy once in a while.
maspeber Nov 29, 2017
Hi Shmerl, thx for the Mesa 17.4 testing and the bugreport. I tested yesterday a little with 4.15-rc1 and Mesa 17.4 with a patched Wine 2.21 (3 staging patches and patch for invisible Textures). I had a lot of fun. I played with 2560x1080 with middle to high settings. I made the main quest with the witches in the swamp. I noticed that my fps drops a lot if there are light sources e.g. in the cut scene with the witches I got 50-60 fps if there are no candles visible. The fps dropped immediately to around 30 if there came candles into the picture.

What are your settings for the screenshot at Kaer Morhen? I wanna test and compare the performance.
Shmerl Nov 29, 2017
Quoting: maspeberWhat are your settings for the screenshot at Kaer Morhen? I wanna test and compare the performance.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700X
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480
Res: 1920x1200
OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics (POLARIS10 / DRM 3.18.0 / 4.13.0-1-amd64, LLVM 5.0.0)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 17.4.0-devel (git-d7c8c7bd9d)
Wine master with 3 rebased staging patchsets and manual patches for missing surfaces and invisible monsters.

Max settings, hairworks off, ambient occlusion: HBAO+. That's a screenshot from the very beginning of the game.
maspeber Nov 29, 2017
Thx for the quick answer. Very funny that your RX 480 is loaded to nearly 100%. My best load yesterday was max 80%. Most time it stay around 70%. I will post later a screenshot with the same settings like yours.
Faattori Nov 29, 2017
How soon does the crash occur and does it occur everywhere? Or does it only happen when there is a situation that is handled by the invisible models hackpatch?
Shmerl Nov 29, 2017
Quoting: FaattoriHow soon does the crash occur and does it occur everywhere? Or does it only happen when there is a situation that is handled by the invisible models hackpatch?

It happens only around those previously affected monsters, and not right a way, but some seconds after you approach them.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.