Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «18/178»
  Go to:
kaiman Jul 20, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlSee the howto here: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=34698#notes

Btw., to my best of knowledge, wined3d-Copy_Resource_Typeless is the patch that fixes the Red/Black texture issues. You might want to update the howto accordingly.

Update: the bug report actually states the patch :-). Sometimes reading actually helps. Still, might be nice to include it with the other four.
Shmerl Jul 20, 2017
Quoting: kaimanBtw., to my best of knowledge, wined3d-Copy_Resource_Typeless is the patch that fixes the Red/Black texture issues. You might want to update the howto accordingly.

Looks like it's relatively self contained, and doesn't depend on some major patches like the whole staging CSMT. I'll add this to the note, for Nvidia case.
Shmerl Jul 21, 2017
Actually, I just experienced the freeze bug again. I guess it's somehow random, and it's not truly gone :(
malek69 Jul 25, 2017
nvidia blob
wine 2.13 + patchs
./patches/patchinstall.sh DESTDIR=$"../wine-2.13" ntdll-Grow_Virtual_Heap wined3d-buffer_create wined3d-sample_c_lz wined3d-1DTextures wined3d-Copy_Resource_Typeless xaudio2-get_al_format
map/inventory/loading srean bug
View video on youtube.com

wine 2.13 + staging work fine
View video on youtube.com
Shmerl Jul 25, 2017
Quoting: malek69nvidia blob
map/inventory/loading srean bug

Did you enable CSMT?
malek69 Jul 25, 2017
Shmerl Jul 25, 2017
@malek69: I don't see CSMT key there. See HOWTOs.
Shmerl Jul 26, 2017
A few points:

1. Latest wine staging doesn't really fix any of the known TW3 bugs nor improve performance.

2. Does installing xact_jun2010 fix the crackling sound that I hear in the above videos? I think I set all the libs back to builtin (Wine), and I don't have the crackling sound, but I wonder if I still have some native override that I missed.

3. Is there still the dark ground bug in Velen area for Nvidia blob users? If not, could it be Mesa specific issue?
scix Jul 26, 2017
Quoting: Shmerl@malek69: I don't see CSMT key there. See HOWTOs.

That key isn't used in the staging version. It still uses the option in winecfg.
kaiman Jul 26, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlA few points:
2. Does installing xact_jun2010 fix the crackling sound that I hear in the above videos? I think I set all the libs back to builtin (Wine), and I don't have the crackling sound, but I wonder if I still have some native override that I missed.
I never installed the xact_jun2010 fix to begin with, and do not experience crackling sound in cut-scenes or the game proper.

Quoting: Shmerl3. Is there still the dark ground bug in Velen area for Nvidia blob users? If not, could it be Mesa specific issue?
Only tested very briefly, and it was night-time in the game. But I had the impression that the ground was still too dark, so no change here either.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.