Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «2/178»
  Go to:
Ehvis May 27, 2017
Don't forget that performance may drop when more features are implemented.
Shmerl May 28, 2017
Quoting: EhvisDon't forget that performance may drop when more features are implemented.

That's possible, yes. But not likely that there are many features left.
Ehvis May 28, 2017
The screenshots don't really show things like reflections and ambient occlusion. So obviously, judging that requires a bit more than I have seen so far.
Shmerl May 28, 2017
I wrote above, ambient occlusion doesn't work at all.
Shmerl Jun 4, 2017
Ambient occlusion started working in the latest Wine master.
Ehvis Jun 4, 2017
Any sign of water rendering? From the videos that looked to be consistently missing.
Shmerl Jun 4, 2017
I guess I didn't get to any water areas yet. I can try finding something. Are there any rivers close to the beginning of the game? I'm not really interested in spoiling the story with half baked version.
Shmerl Jun 4, 2017
OK, I think I found one area which has sound of water and looks like it's supposed to be a small stream, but it appears all dry. So the water isn't working yet. I'll file a bug, thanks for pointing it out.

Shmerl Jun 5, 2017
@Ehvis: Developers suggested, it could be a Mesa issue. Using newest Mesa on my current frozen Debian is increasingly hard. Do you have a system with recent Mesa to test it?
TheRiddick Jun 5, 2017
how does it run on a nvidia card with their closed driver?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.