You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
Multi quote
pete910 commented on 28 May 2017 at 10:54 pm UTC

Any chance of a multi quote feature when replying to a comment/forum post

Often there's more than one person you wish to reply to. It will add multiple quotes on the page you are on now but not across others pages.

liamdawe commented on 3 August 2017 at 3:03 pm UTC

Just FYI, this is on my radar. With the next site upgrade I've completely re-written how quotes are done, which paves the way for such a feature to be implemented.

It may even be possible for me to do it across multiple pages using sessions. As long as I check the article ID matches, so if you go to a new article, it would wipe the quotes to not get anything mixed up.

No promises though

pete910 commented on 3 August 2017 at 8:07 pm UTC

Cool

tuubi commented on 3 August 2017 at 10:23 pm UTC

liamdaweIt may even be possible for me to do it across multiple pages using sessions. As long as I check the article ID matches, so if you go to a new article, it would wipe the quotes to not get anything mixed up.
You can avoid the session stuff by doing the comment paging dynamically with javascript. No reason to reload the whole web page just to load in more comments. I know it's not a simple change but could be worth it.

liamdawe commented on 4 August 2017 at 2:04 pm UTC

tuubi
liamdaweIt may even be possible for me to do it across multiple pages using sessions. As long as I check the article ID matches, so if you go to a new article, it would wipe the quotes to not get anything mixed up.
You can avoid the session stuff by doing the comment paging dynamically with javascript. No reason to reload the whole web page just to load in more comments. I know it's not a simple change but could be worth it.
That's actually being implemented for some admin stuff at the moment, it's quite easy to do. Unsure if I will roll out out to the user facing stuff yet though.

tuubi commented on 4 August 2017 at 3:36 pm UTC

liamdawe
tuubiYou can avoid the session stuff by doing the comment paging dynamically with javascript. No reason to reload the whole web page just to load in more comments. I know it's not a simple change but could be worth it.
That's actually being implemented for some admin stuff at the moment, it's quite easy to do. Unsure if I will roll out out to the user facing stuff yet though.
Yeah I know it's not a very difficult thing to do, I've done similar stuff myself. I just don't like to assume anything programming related is ever quick and simple. Like anyone in the software business, I get enough of those assumptions from my clients...

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • RPGoodness: "Shadowrun: Dragonfall DC"
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook