Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Multi quote
pete910 May 28, 2017
Any chance of a multi quote feature when replying to a comment/forum post

Often there's more than one person you wish to reply to. It will add multiple quotes on the page you are on now but not across others pages.
Liam Dawe Aug 3, 2017
Just FYI, this is on my radar. With the next site upgrade I've completely re-written how quotes are done, which paves the way for such a feature to be implemented.

It may even be possible for me to do it across multiple pages using sessions. As long as I check the article ID matches, so if you go to a new article, it would wipe the quotes to not get anything mixed up.

No promises though ;)
pete910 Aug 3, 2017
Cool :D
tuubi Aug 3, 2017
Quoting: liamdaweIt may even be possible for me to do it across multiple pages using sessions. As long as I check the article ID matches, so if you go to a new article, it would wipe the quotes to not get anything mixed up.
You can avoid the session stuff by doing the comment paging dynamically with javascript. No reason to reload the whole web page just to load in more comments. I know it's not a simple change but could be worth it.
Liam Dawe Aug 4, 2017
Quoting: tuubi
Quoting: liamdaweIt may even be possible for me to do it across multiple pages using sessions. As long as I check the article ID matches, so if you go to a new article, it would wipe the quotes to not get anything mixed up.
You can avoid the session stuff by doing the comment paging dynamically with javascript. No reason to reload the whole web page just to load in more comments. I know it's not a simple change but could be worth it.
That's actually being implemented for some admin stuff at the moment, it's quite easy to do. Unsure if I will roll out out to the user facing stuff yet though.
tuubi Aug 4, 2017
Quoting: liamdawe
Quoting: tuubiYou can avoid the session stuff by doing the comment paging dynamically with javascript. No reason to reload the whole web page just to load in more comments. I know it's not a simple change but could be worth it.
That's actually being implemented for some admin stuff at the moment, it's quite easy to do. Unsure if I will roll out out to the user facing stuff yet though.
Yeah I know it's not a very difficult thing to do, I've done similar stuff myself. I just don't like to assume anything programming related is ever quick and simple. Like anyone in the software business, I get enough of those assumptions from my clients...
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.