Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
rJKekKCPNeUokXtZ
Page: «6/7»
  Go to:
Hyeron Nov 29, 2012
“We’re hopefully going to raise a huge amount of money for charity and expose a ton of new customers to the Humble Bundle model. We are debuting more games for Mac and Linux (and Android—and even had an eBook digital debut this year!) and this will just help us continue to do so,”
Expose a ton of WHAT to WHAT? A ton of Steam players looking for another Steam sale in between official ones is more like it. Also, can someone explain me HOW this will HELP them continue to do so? Didn't they just hire a hacker for GNU/Linux ports? Isn't that the definition of "everything's fine on our end and our benefits are sufficient to hire people"? >_>

“We are humbly hopeful that our customers will see this as a good thing instead of a permanent departure from what we have done and will continue to do.”

Am I supposed to laugh or puke? I'm quite unsure right now, what with them trying to trample the Music Bundle, then selling eBooks, then selling DRM'd to the neck AAA games.

I'd gladly insert a facepalm image here. But I'm not sure I'd find one with ENOUGH facepalms in it. And bandwidth ain't cheap.

Hypocrites.
Hamish Nov 29, 2012
Another article on the subject. I am glad that I am obviously not alone on this one:
http://www.examiner.com/article/humble-thq-bundle-compromises-humble-indie-bundle-s-values
berarma Nov 29, 2012
Good articles pointing out the problem very well. They've abused the brand.

A good read too:
http://blog.wegetsignal.ca/2012/11/29/why-the-humble-thq-bundle-sucks-for-indies/
Hamish Nov 29, 2012
Quoting: "Hyeron, post: 6858, member: 223"“We are humbly hopeful that our customers will see this as a good thing instead of a permanent departure from what we have done and will continue to do.”

We are humbly hopeful that our fans will continue to assume the position...

Okay, this one is a venting post with little substance. But that wording is shite.
Liam Dawe Nov 29, 2012
Well anyone is free to submit an article here with their constructive views for front page treatment ;).

As I said on reddit though:
"Well maybe it will give them enough money to improve their support...they only tell of game updates via twitter not on their site or blog and that annoys me."

It pains me the only way we get notified about patches is their support twitter which get buried on my twitter as I follow many active tweeters, they don't even blog about patches it's so annoying.

Even a little "latest game updates" box on their main website with a full history of patches would be sufficient. Or an email once a month for game updates etc etc so many things they could do without costing them a penny, it bugs me to no end.
Hamish Nov 29, 2012
Quoting: "liamdawe, post: 6863, member: 1"Well anyone is free to submit an article here with their constructive views for front page treatment ;).

I am seriously considering amalgamating and cleaning up my posts to do just that.
Liam Dawe Nov 29, 2012
Well i wouldn't remove anything from your posts just for easier reading people will miss what we are talking about. Feel free to use parts of your posts to do an editorial though :)
Hamish Nov 30, 2012
*sigh*

Hamish Nov 30, 2012
Best... comment... ever:

QuoteI own them all already, Steam is not the problem. The problem is the point of these bundles for me previously was getting DRM free copies for archiving, same as the point of GOG. This bundle betrays that purpose out of nowhere. Sometimes bitching has a root cause that cannot be flippantly dismissed because it doesn't match your priorities.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/humble_thq_bundle_is_live/post112

EDIT: Also, according to the thread, the big warning banner was not originally there. I wonder how many people bought the bundle before then under a false pretense...
Liam Dawe Nov 30, 2012
I saw it a couple minutes after it went up and the banner was there? Some people do lie about these things because of their annoyance so i wouldn't take that as gospel.

Also lol@the picture, just another thing to include for an editorial ;)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.