Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
The hilarious state of anti-Linux comments on Steam
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Jul 7, 2017
I don't know how many of you follow us on Twitter, so for those that don't here's some quality anti-Linux comments on my ARK review:

[img=500x100]http://i.imgur.com/YZflTTC.jpg[/img]

And I give you my favourite:

Sadly that one I deleted by accident!

"Get a job and buy windows" - I'm still laughing at that one. Linux gaming is literally my job

Some I deleted, as they will just end up causing a big fuss, but some are too funny to remove.
Areso Jul 8, 2017
Well, they don't undestand that Linux is not only about prices, it's about the idea.
Though we migrated from MS SQL Server to PostgreSQL because of price, and now we want to migrate from MS Windows Server, because of the idea.
MaCroX95 Jul 8, 2017
I don't know if this belongs here but I think that here is another great example of how uninformed users spread misinformation about literally everything xD

Thinking that games on Win10 run better because of dx12 eventhough there's only a few games running it in the first place, and even those have no improvements over Vulkan...
GustyGhost Jul 8, 2017
Quoting: AresoWell, they don't undestand that Linux is not only about prices, it's about the idea.
Though we migrated from MS SQL Server to PostgreSQL because of price, and now we want to migrate from MS Windows Server, because of the idea.

A lot of these people aren't into PC gaming for the philosophies. They just want the most/biggest toys. If types of gamers were to be put on a spectrum, these folks would fall very closely to "console peasants".
MaCroX95 Jul 9, 2017
Quoting: AnxiousInfusion
Quoting: AresoWell, they don't undestand that Linux is not only about prices, it's about the idea.

A lot of these people aren't into PC gaming for the philosophies. They just want the most/biggest toys. If types of gamers were to be put on a spectrum, these folks would fall very closely to "console peasants".

Yes I agree, 80% of PC gaming are just as big peasants as console gamers are, they did take the good advice and switch to PC gaming which is good for them but they're still mostly uninformed. I don't mind someone who plays on Windows for performance and does it conciously, but there is no reason for anyone to hate linux.

Those hypocrites will brag to Xbox users on how they're peasants because PC is an open platform, but on the other hand neglect Linux, opensource and open APIs and embrace Windows and DirectX. Hypocricy 101
Xpander Jul 9, 2017
[
MaCroX95 Jul 9, 2017
Quoting: Xpander[

Holy shit :D unified drivers? He literally thinks that every distro has their own drivers or what... I mean sometimes they just amaze me.
slaapliedje Jul 9, 2017
Ha, that's pretty silly. My favorite is the 'linux is cheap, get a job buy windows'. Most people who are Linux Administrators make far more money than their Windows Administrator counterparts.
crt0mega Jul 10, 2017
Looks a lot like …
QuoteBut bruh!!1 Lunix is not made for gamerz!
… or …
QuoteYo dawg linux is so cheap man why dont' ya just go buy sum rael OS!1

I'm sick of that s#!t.
damarrin Jul 10, 2017
I do sometimes wonder what causes all the hostility. Do these people actually feel threatened in any way? Is it a simple us-versus-them, like in soccer? Or is it an even simpler "I don't know anything about it, so it's bad"? I know I've seen a lot of the latter in people I know in person, not just about Linux, either.

It's obvious MS, like any company in the world above a certain size, employs people to make good publicity for them that looks like it comes from regular people. Does that extend to trashing the competition and if so, how low is that allowed to go?

I wonder if Canonical employs people to talk good about Ubuntu or Linux in general. I doubt Red Hat would do that, considering they're focused on the enterprise.

Anyway, it's all a bit of laughter through tears for me, reading comments like these here.
Ardje Jul 10, 2017
Quoting: damarrinIt's obvious MS, like any company in the world above a certain size, employs people to make good publicity for them that looks like it comes from regular people. Does that extend to trashing the competition and if so, how low is that allowed to go?
Microsoft is known to go very far. It's not a question of microsoft themselves, as well as the PR agencies they hire that let dead people write letters to the government, and create fake grass-root movements for lobbying purposes.
So these tactics are certainly employed by their PR agencies.
Although microsoft themselves are also known to try and fuck things up for competitors like wordperfect, or OS/2 by coding specific tests for competitors software and then refuse to behave or work. Lately however they are not caught at doing stuff like that.
Usually it's local microsoft departments or resellers to publish biased reports with bad or imaginary data (munich for instance has an active lobbying against the linux as a desktop, ties to companies are shady).
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.