The hilarious state of anti-Linux comments on Steam
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
Ardje Jul 10, 2017
Quoting: Xpander[
So that guy thinks that switching to Mac would work, because Mac gives exactly the same artifacts, as it is the same renderer.
Worse: the macs are under-represented on Ark...
But ark is not a good reference. It's full of salty "it works on my computer, so yours must suck", and "WC don't know how to develop, because my whiny shitass complaint has still not been looked at, so I better make some bad remarks about the developers".
The amount of people that could have programmed ark completely bug free in less than a year is so enormous, WC certainly must be doing something wrong 8-D.
MaCroX95 Jul 10, 2017
Quoting: Ardje
Quoting: Xpander[
So that guy thinks that switching to Mac would work, because Mac gives exactly the same artifacts, as it is the same renderer.
Worse: the macs are under-represented on Ark...
But ark is not a good reference. It's full of salty "it works on my computer, so yours must suck", and "WC don't know how to develop, because my whiny shitass complaint has still not been looked at, so I better make some bad remarks about the developers".
The amount of people that could have programmed ark completely bug free in less than a year is so enormous, WC certainly must be doing something wrong 8-D.

I guess it's more like "I've heard all these stereotypes so they must be true". Also the fanboyism usually results in bashing everything that isn't what you're fanboy of...
g000h Jul 10, 2017
Quite often trolls do not know what they're talking about. They provide inaccurate information. I set right a particularly active anti-Linux troll some time ago, and the person went away without a good counter-argument. Here was the posting:

Steam Discussion
Goldpaw Jul 11, 2017
Quoting: g000hQuite often trolls do not know what they're talking about. They provide inaccurate information. I set right a particularly active anti-Linux troll some time ago, and the person went away without a good counter-argument. Here was the posting:

Steam Discussion

Genreally I'm not even looking twice at troll discussions, becuase they are exactly that: troll discussions. Presenting logic to somebody who has decided in advance to disagree with everything you say or ignore any facts you provide isn't what I'd consider worth anybody's time.

Having that said, I loved your post there on the steam forums! Actually a lot of nice information in it, for people like me who ARE linux users! Gave me a little bit more solid information about the state of linux and gaming, and that's always good to have! :)

+1 :D
MaCroX95 Jul 11, 2017
Quoting: Goldpaw
Quoting: g000hQuite often trolls do not know what they're talking about. They provide inaccurate information. I set right a particularly active anti-Linux troll some time ago, and the person went away without a good counter-argument. Here was the posting:

Steam Discussion

Genreally I'm not even looking twice at troll discussions, becuase they are exactly that: troll discussions. Presenting logic to somebody who has decided in advance to disagree with everything you say or ignore any facts you provide isn't what I'd consider worth anybody's time.

Having that said, I loved your post there on the steam forums! Actually a lot of nice information in it, for people like me who ARE linux users! Gave me a little bit more solid information about the state of linux and gaming, and that's always good to have! :)

+1 :D

Well said sir, and we need that like button for forum posts as well :D
Aryvandaar Jul 12, 2017
You have to be a special kind of lowlife scum to hate on minorities. But these people are just trolls. And what do you do with trolls? You pretend like they don't exist. By doing that, not only do you save energy but it destroys everything they try to fight for.

If these people had any balls at all they would try to troll a majority group.
Arehandoro Jul 12, 2017
Quoting: AryvandaarYou have to be a special kind of lowlife scum to hate on minorities.

Unfortunately society in general is a lowlife scum :/
slaapliedje Jul 12, 2017
Ha ha, is that how we should respond to Anti-Linux trolls? Tell them they are prejudiced toward minority groups? I think that may actually work...

"I have the Freedom to use Linux, so I'd like to be able to play this game"
"it's not worth the money, and Linux is broken blah blah"
"Don't oppress me, what are you the Christians killing the pagans?"

Here's a thought, and I know it is kind of silly. But instead of "Can you please port this to Linux." should we start with "Can you please release this for SteamOS?" While we know there is no difference, I think valve sort of did a disservice to us by taking the Penguin away and just putting in their SteamOS icon everywhere. And quite frankly we don't care if it's for 'SteamOS' it should still work under the Steam Linux client. Unless developers start doing something horrible like making it look for LSB strings or something.
Cyril Jul 12, 2017
Damn ! It's so hilarious, but in the same time make me feel sad about it.
I'm more pessimistic maybe but i don't think the majority of these people are trolls...
At least just ignorant.

QuoteUnfortunately society in general is a lowlife scum :/

I agree. :(
Anorelsan Jul 12, 2017
Quoting: CyrilDamn ! It's so hilarious, but in the same time make me feel sad about it.
I'm more pessimistic maybe but i don't think the majority of these people are trolls...
At least just ignorant.

QuoteUnfortunately society in general is a lowlife scum :/

I agree. :(

I don't feel it hilarious. I don't understand the motivation under that comments. They clearly don't use Linux, so it's something that doesn't affect them and they continue making such comments. Another example: Please release Dark Souls III for Linux! on Steam.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.