Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
The hilarious state of anti-Linux comments on Steam
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
rstrube Jul 13, 2017
I'm always confused by the hostility I receive as a Linux gamer. My guess is that people simply feel inadequate. In the Windows world they're used to being feeling technical and superior (overclocking, tweaking, etc). A user posting about Linux makes their lack of technical knowledge painfully obvious. Just that fact that several posters on your review didn't realize that SteamOS is Linux proves my point.

Just because somebody is using Linux does not mean they're criticizing another person's decision to use Windows for gaming.

In addition to the feelings of insecurity, my guess is there are a couple other reasons:

1. They would prefer devs not "waste" time on another platform.
2. Some Linux users can be very elitist and criticize anyone that uses Windows. This probably creates an adversarial environment and exacerbates the feelings of technical inadequacy.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.