Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Ways to grow GOL?
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Jan 18, 2013
So folks I am wandering what ideas you all have on how we can grow GOL to get more visitors and have more people to chat with?

Currently we are on G+, Facebook, Twitter, RebelMouse and Tumblr.

I regularly post original content on reddit and lxer and I am wandering if anyone else knows good places that would be willing to post links to our news?
mentorious Jan 19, 2013
I think that group on Steam or IRC will be good ideas :)
s_d Jan 20, 2013
There's also the Desura group!

We're 126 strong there :D
Yulike Jan 20, 2013
Quoting: mentoriousI think that group on Steam or IRC will be good ideas 

I'm not too sure how much an IRC channel would help grow the community, but a Steam group, definitely now Steam Linux is upon us, would be a good idea. I post in many other forums, so I'll keep a link in my signature to help out a bit. Providing I'm not breaking any of their rules.
Liam Dawe Jan 20, 2013
Thanks guys signature links on your favourite forums help as well :)

We do have a Steam group - I need to be more active on it I think!
Yulike Jan 20, 2013
Quoting: liamdaweThanks guys signature links on your favourite forums help as well

We do have a Steam group - I need to be more active on it I think!
I did have a quick Google search for it, but no luck. Would you be so kind and provide a link? :p
Yulike Jan 21, 2013
Quoting: liamdawehttp://steamcommunity.com/groups/gamingonlinux

There you go
*wipes off dust*

Thank you. :) We'll see what we can do about this. :P
mentorious Jan 21, 2013
Events are very interesting things in groups on Steam. Maybe organize a some challenges for users in free time (weekends) ?
Liam Dawe Jan 21, 2013
What sort of challenges? Would need to be interesting.
mentorious Jan 21, 2013
I don't know, we can to think something. E.g. regulary Team Fortress 2 matches with our closed ranking on the group page or other short contest.

I mean that the game must be free to play for all gamers and available on Steam.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.