You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
  Go to:
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Season 2
Skully commented on 4 November 2017 at 9:09 am UTC

I went whizzing off a cliff. Strange, I normally do well at monaco. Actually think I might of suffered from being over confident. Also I now bought a wheel. Not so good with it yet, but with enough practice I hope to at least match my controller times.

jegmancs commented on 4 November 2017 at 4:34 pm UTC

Monaco shows how much bullshit the devs can do. In Greece you can go down to road and you can still recover. In Monaco you go over a little snowbank, and you are done.

I am also done with the game after 120 hours, there are bugs that bug me even as a very amateur racer.

It was fun though, have fun guys.

tuubi commented on 4 November 2017 at 5:41 pm UTC

jegmancsMonaco shows how much bullshit the devs can do. In Greece you can go down to road and you can still recover. In Monaco you go over a little snowbank, and you are done.
Punishing but realistic, I'd say. Just try falling down a mountainside in a rally car and then push it back to the road... if you're still alive. It does sometimes kick in a bit too early, when you haven't still quite gone over. And some spots don't look quite that steep. This doesn't spoil the experience for me though.

jegmancsI am also done with the game after 120 hours, there are bugs that bug me even as a very amateur racer.
I guess you got 120 hours of entertainment for the price so it's not too bad. Just out of curiosity, what were the bugs that most bugged you? (Pardon the pun.) I mean, I haven't run into many problems I'd call bugs in this game.

jegmancsIt was fun though, have fun guys.
Thanks, I certainly will.

Xpander commented on 6 November 2017 at 5:14 am UTC

So Monaco claimed many souls. 6 Made it through. UK is starting now, will be fun with the Manta

I havent noticed any anoying bugs with the game, few minor issues only. ~110hours played for me and still enjoying it.

jegmancs commented on 6 November 2017 at 8:53 am UTC

tuubi
jegmancsMonaco shows how much bullshit the devs can do. In Greece you can go down to road and you can still recover. In Monaco you go over a little snowbank, and you are done.
Punishing but realistic, I'd say. Just try falling down a mountainside in a rally car and then push it back to the road... if you're still alive. It does sometimes kick in a bit too early, when you haven't still quite gone over. And some spots don't look quite that steep. This doesn't spoil the experience for me though.

If you check the stages at Monaco where there are snow parts and you can go through banks where you can't do anything just watch the "game/stage ending" animation.

And then go to Greece and you can freely go down and nothing happens, and you get a "so realistic" 15 second penalty and the game places your car back on the road. There is nothing realistic in it. In fact these off-road adventures would probably cost minutes in real life and probably a DNF, because of the damages to the car.

The whole thing is just not consistent. Although it looks like others also noted on Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/0/1842367319517171646/

edit: What's funny about this is I love the Monaco stages otherwise. I played every car on it (well the ones I'd like to drive which is about 80%, so a lot), and if I want rank the rallies from the game, Monaco would be #1.

tuubi commented on 6 November 2017 at 11:33 am UTC

jegmancsIf you check the stages at Monaco where there are snow parts and you can go through banks where you can't do anything just watch the "game/stage ending" animation.

And then go to Greece and you can freely go down and nothing happens, and you get a "so realistic" 15 second penalty and the game places your car back on the road. There is nothing realistic in it. In fact these off-road adventures would probably cost minutes in real life and probably a DNF, because of the damages to the car.
So, are you arguing that the game is too easy in Greece, or that it's too punishing in Monaco? It's not very consistent and not even close to perfectly realistic, that's true. Maybe Dirt Rally 2 (you hear me Codemasters?) will improve on this. Although I think this game has a pretty good balance of simulation and fun. Too much realism might not be desirable, IMHO.

In any case, these seem like design problems more than bugs, but that's neither here nor there if you don't enjoy the game anymore. Thanks for participating!

Ehvis commented on 6 November 2017 at 11:53 am UTC

tuubiSo, are you arguing that the game is too easy in Greece, or that it's too punishing in Monaco?

Monaco has a few places where it will "fail" you when you have barely two wheels over the edge. I haven't seen those in Greece. He may be referring to that.

tuubi commented on 6 November 2017 at 4:06 pm UTC

Ehvis
tuubiSo, are you arguing that the game is too easy in Greece, or that it's too punishing in Monaco?

Monaco has a few places where it will "fail" you when you have barely two wheels over the edge. I haven't seen those in Greece. He may be referring to that.
Yeah I know. It has happened to me a couple of times as well. As I wrote before:
tuubiIt does sometimes kick in a bit too early, when you haven't still quite gone over.
If I had thought of making a note of the exact place this happens and could reproduce it, I'd send a bug report to Codemasters.

Edmene commented on 6 November 2017 at 7:15 pm UTC

Finally was able to finish a event well
after crashing to much in the first and going flying through a cliff in Monaco

Xpander commented on 9 November 2017 at 10:59 am UTC

UK - not completed yet, had some visitors to come over, so i managed to run 3 stages. Will update if i drive the rest of them.

Can't seem to match the Lancia S4 guys, even if i didn't do those mistakes.

Summary:
S1: Small crash into the ditch (~4 sec lost before i got back to the road)
S2: Spin
S3: Crash into Trees (~4 sec to reverse and start going again)
S4: Clean, but very slow in places
S5: Huge crash at the last sector, puncture, otherwise i was really flatout on this one
S6: Clean
S7: Clean

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Official Livestreams
  • Oxygen Not Included & Rust Christmas Patch!!
  • Date:
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: "Black Mirror 2" (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook