Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group A Season 2
Page: 1/6»
  Go to:
Xpander Dec 4, 2017
League Website: https://www.dirtgame.com/leagues/league/85340/gol-4fun

Season Completed
[

Every Event has 4 short stages, one of them night stage.
Every Event has 2 long stages..
Service Area after every stage
Checkpoint after every 2 stages.
Car tuning after every 2 stages
Restarts not Allowed
Car restrictions for Group A
Every event lasts 1 week (plenty of time to get some times in)

Sweden:
[

Finland:
[

Monaco:
[

Germany:
[

Greece:
[

UK:
[

LEAGUE STANDINGS

1 Skully 110
2 Xpander 101
3 tuubi 88
4 arnvidr 65
5 muell 63
6 Meneghedson 55
7 flipper 32
8 Redface 20
9 Starving 18
10 drmaemo 10
11 JeL-koxmoz 7
12 Commander Strax 6
13 [GOL]Samsai 4
14 lordgault 4

Happy Rolling!
Arnvidr Dec 4, 2017
Woo, almost had a good Sweden event there! :D

Had to back up once or twice in the second stage, and in the last stage I had to do the last section and change with a wheel missing. Otherwise kept it to mostly spins that left me facing the right way.
Skully Dec 4, 2017
Been meaning to ask why we can repair after every stage? Feels like we are skipping a interesting element of the game.
Good Luck everyone.
Xpander Dec 4, 2017
Quoting: SkullyBeen meaning to ask why we can repair after every stage? Feels like we are skipping a interesting element of the game.
Good Luck everyone.

its because some people couldnt handle this :D
also we have to use career engineers then to make the repairs somewhat usable..but then the problem is that some might not have good engineers hired etc.

so its after every stage for those reasons. we wouldnt have so many finishers otherwise :D
Skully Dec 5, 2017
@Xpander Ah cool that all makes sense.

Just finished Sweden in group A.
My first time using a steering wheel in our league. Finally felt I play at least as good, if not better with the wheel now.
I had 1 spin on stage 5, otherwise completely clean.
Xpander Dec 5, 2017
Quoting: Skully@Xpander Ah cool that all makes sense.

Just finished Sweden in group A.
My first time using a steering wheel in our league. Finally felt I play at least as good, if not better with the wheel now.
I had 1 spin on stage 5, otherwise completely clean.

yeah, getting used to wheel is taking time, i was driving better with keyboard at first :D but once you are used, this is amazing experience. the feedback the wheel gives you after jumps or snowbanks is just amazing imo :)
muell Dec 6, 2017
Quoting: Xpanderthe feedback the wheel gives you after jumps or snowbanks is just amazing imo :)

I can't for the life of me figure out how to drive on a straight road in Sweden with my xbox controller. There was only one track on which I didn't spin the car. Drifting around all the corners is rather easy and real fun though.

Also, first time group a. Feels pretty much like the other modern cars.
tuubi Dec 6, 2017
Quoting: muellI can't for the life of me figure out how to drive on a straight road in Sweden with my xbox controller. There was only one track on which I didn't spin the car.
I've never learned this either. The only way I can manage a clean run is if I drive extremely slowly and carefully, almost never flooring the accelerator (trigger). But I guess even a slow and careful run ends up faster than one where you keep spinning and reversing.

This time I only managed one or two clean stages. My poor Lancia spun and rolled several times, but luckily always ended up back on its wheels.

I'm driving with a gamepad as well, but my left foot just keeps looking for the clutch pedal every time my car loses grip... It's so frustrating. Don't know if I'd be any faster if I actually had pedals and a gear stick though.
Xpander Dec 7, 2017
Sweden done by me also. What a terrible event for me, lots of spins and crashes into snowbanks. Couldn't get the car setup right, constant fight with understeer. The stage where it was snowing was the worst, couldn't see anything, lots of mistakes and lost my rythm completely in that one, as well as all other stages after this.
Still managed to be second somehow with just 10 sec behind of Skully.

Will upload the video also

View video on youtube.com
Xpander Dec 10, 2017
and First post updated.

Finland Next!
Skully Dec 11, 2017
@Xpander, Great video.
After watching. It appears I likely have my force feedback set to high still. As there is no way I could lift 1 hand to use hand brake in a lot of cases. I noticed you have a lot more mishaps than me, but you are driving a lot faster than I am. Which I guess levels it all out some in the end.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.