Web Browsers!
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
wolfyrion Nov 13, 2017
So I am using Firefox but with the version 57 lots of my plugins will stop working and I am kinda frustrated about that. Some maybe be updated but some are not even possible to be updated + I hate tabs on TOP :><:

(RANT: Why the heck Tabs are on TOP!!! WHO THE HECK DESIGNED THIS!!!WHY IT BECOME A TREND!!! IS A @#$@$#$% WAIST OF TIME!!!
Tabs must be below bookmark toolbar !!!)

Anyway back on my topic!

So I have some choices:

1. Waterfox said that they will support legacy plugins and patch waterfox with the latest security patches of firefox
2. Change Browser and get used to Tabs on TOP (any suggestions)
3. Use Palemoon or any other older fork version of Firefox

So whats your opinion about this and what browser are you using? :|
BlackBloodRum Nov 13, 2017
Personally I prefer SeaMonkey. Basically it's Mozilla Suite pre firefox and thunderbird split up.

I've used it prior to this whole extension issue and in my opinion it does it's job well.

https://www.seamonkey-project.org/
wolfyrion Nov 13, 2017
I am using like 40 Firefox Addons and around 20 Greasemonkey Scripts , dont know if SeaMonkey have that many addons, there are addons section seems kinda limited
dodrian Nov 14, 2017
I've been using Chromium, simply because it's so much faster than Firefox. With the new release, I'm tempted to try Firefox again (because Chrome does have RAM issues, and it would be nice to be a bit separate from Google). I'm not huge on extensions - PrivacyBadger and LastPass both look like they have new FF versions, and it should be dead easy to find User Agent switchers & Javascript blockers. It would be nice to support a FOSS browser again.
Arehandoro Nov 14, 2017
I have recently tried Midori and Brave, both nice but too early in development and feel a lack features. I like Chromium but feel Google's tentacles everywhere and Opera isn't my cup of tea. Some of the Firefox forks work well too but somehow always end up with Firefox. Just installed the Quantum version and so far so good.
nox Nov 14, 2017
I agree with you @Arehandoro. firefox quantum is phenomenal.
razing32 Nov 14, 2017
I used Firefox before but it became too cumbersome and leaving a video paused in a tab , and the tab open too long , would crash the whole browser.
I switched to Chromium for the time being.
I use relatively few plugins though.
1. For adds
2. For scripts
3. For managing open tabs

I also looked at Vivaldi and QupZilla and found both interesting but have not used either for too long.
Salvatos Nov 15, 2017
There are ways to keep your tabs at the bottom with Firefox (up to 56 at least; haven't seen Quantum yet, eagerly waiting for it to drop on Mint): https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1106927

I've been using the Tabs on Bottom addon and although it is now obsolete, the effect remains. I believe it works by editing the browser.uiCustomization.state config option.
m2mg2 Nov 15, 2017
I believe Firefox ESR still supports most plugins. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/
GustyGhost Nov 19, 2017
Is there a repository that has a maintained package of GNU IceCat? The only official way to install it is to compile it yourself but I like to have all of my software updated through a package manager without having to go and recompile individual various programs.
tuubi Nov 19, 2017
I've been running the new Firefox for a day or so, and it seems to work pretty well. The better performance and other very welcome improvements are definitely worth the plugin breakage.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.