Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «28/72»
  Go to:
Xpander Feb 7, 2018
[

not many changes, except titlebars removed from applications on the second screen to have more space for the contents (its done automatically on the startup with python script and wmctrl that moves the titlebars, sets the program size and correct locations and marks them sticky, to be able to see them on all workspaces i use)

New/Old wallpaper also, have used thisone before also
BlackBloodRum Feb 9, 2018
I can't post my normal desktops here because my wallpapers are NSFW :-(.

But here's a SFW version:

I have a different wallpaper set for each workspace, this is my SFW workspace, used for when visitors are here :D, all others ar NSFW :(.

3 Monitors because, 1 & 2 are for desktop usage, #3 is for TV shows/kodi mostly as it is my TV.

One of the reasons I love Linux, XFCE supports using different wallpapers per monitor and per workspace, let's see Windows do that!

So many features Linux has that Windows does not, if you are willing to dig deep enough!
Avehicle7887 Feb 9, 2018
Quoting: BlackBloodRumI can't post my normal desktops here because my wallpapers are NSFW :-(.

But here's a SFW version:

I have a different wallpaper set for each workspace, this is my SFW workspace, used for when visitors are here :D, all others ar NSFW :(.

3 Monitors because, 1 & 2 are for desktop usage, #3 is for TV shows/kodi mostly as it is my TV.

One of the reasons I love Linux, XFCE supports using different wallpapers per monitor and per workspace, let's see Windows do that!

So many features Linux has that Windows does not, if you are willing to dig deep enough!

Do you know the name of the place in the first wallpaper? I've seen it numerous times in other pictures but never with the name of the place.

Feature wise Windows is still in the stone age, the file manager to start with is still Win98 style - 1 window per folder (LOL). Meanwhile for several years Linux has Dual Pane and even Tabs which makes file management a hell lot more comfortable.

Then there are workspaces which I believe I've seen in Linux in 2007, that's 11 years ago! To get this feature in Windows (up to 8) you'd have to download a 3rd party program, more than a decade later than Linux, Windows 10 gets one out of the box.
Hamish Feb 10, 2018
Quoting: Avehicle7887Then there are workspaces which I believe I've seen in Linux in 2007, that's 11 years ago! To get this feature in Windows (up to 8) you'd have to download a 3rd party program, more than a decade later than Linux, Windows 10 gets one out of the box.

Trust me when I say workspaces have been a standard part of Linux DEs and WMs for far longer than 2007. Even things as ancient as Window Maker and Blackbox have them.
Plintslîcho Feb 10, 2018
Quoting: Avehicle7887Do you know the name of the place in the first wallpaper?

It's the Bastei Bridge in Saxon Switzerland (Germany).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastei

And yeah, workspaces have been part of the Linux desktop for a long time already.
BlackBloodRum Feb 10, 2018
Well, X11 has been able to do workspaces since 1990. Thus Linux has effectively "always" been able to do it.

But, we were beaten by the Amiga 1000, which in 1985 supported Workspaces or "Screens" as they called it.

MacOS got support for it next, in 2007 with Mac OS X 10.5.

Windows got proper support for the feature with Windows 10.

Effectively, in this regard Windows lagged way behind. I love how they marketed it like a new feature that's never been done before at the time. Even their fans were saying it.
Avehicle7887 Feb 20, 2018
Cleaned up a lot of old/unused themes and icon packs.

My new desktop look: Latest Papirus Icons, New Wallpaper and icon for the Menubar.

Xpander Feb 20, 2018
Bit unusual wallpaper for me, but i like it :) Shouldn't be too NSFW either
apart from that, not many changes. alsi is replaced with neofetch in terminal, Music player is now Spotify and my conky uses spotify-now to get the track names.
[
Hamish Mar 21, 2018
A long time in coming, but here is my new desktop screenshot for March:

Note the new Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition icon.
Xpander Mar 22, 2018
New second monitor. BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440

[
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.