Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «47/71»
  Go to:
Xpander Jun 17, 2021
Switched to KDE to see if i can stick with it this time.
Configured it the way i had the workflow on my MATE desktop. So far mostly good except few minor things i dont like with the panels and dolphin.

Avehicle7887 Jun 17, 2021
New theme with a mix of borrowed PopOS icons.

@Xpander - I tried to switch away from MATE myself a few times. I like KDE but it never managed to beat the simplicity I found in MATE and especially Caja still remains the most comfortable file manager for my workflow.

Xpander Jun 17, 2021
Quoting: Avehicle7887@Xpander - I tried to switch away from MATE myself a few times. I like KDE but it never managed to beat the simplicity I found in MATE and especially Caja still remains the most comfortable file manager for my workflow.

I still use caja on KDE because of that. And yeah i have tried to switch many times before but usually after day or 2 i come back to MATE cause its simple yet configurable and also super snappy.

Actually the caja to be able to just type in a lot of letters to search for a specific file on a folder you are in is amazing, this option doesnt seem to be a case for dolphin, yeah theres a filter but its 1 more click or keybind to to the same i could just start typing.
Hamish Jun 21, 2021
A bit late posting for June as well:

Last edited by Hamish on 1 August 2021 at 4:18 am UTC
DoctorJunglist Jun 25, 2021
I'd always used light themes, but the theme I was using (mojave-light) started to get buggy with GNOME 40 and Firefox Proton. I begun to search for a new theme, but I couldn't find one that could become a replacement. I decided to finally give using a dark theme a try.

I switched to arc-dark. I used to use arc-darker a long time ago, back when I was using the now-defunct Antergos. It's great that jnsh picked up the maintainership of it so that arc could live again.

Last edited by DoctorJunglist on 25 June 2021 at 12:06 pm UTC
Supay Jun 25, 2021
Quoting: GuestFirst time sway and Wayland. I like it a lot. Wish nVidia would catch up a lot faster with proper Wayland support so my main desktop could move over too :(

I have used i3wm for ages and went to Sway recently. Absolutely love it. Far more developed than the last time I tried and so much quicker and easier to setup than X, with far fewer packages needed. And all those random extra text config files I can drop now, with nearly everything now just in the Sway config file. Had a blast with it and only a few small issues, mostly with the few remaining items that need a kick to recognise Wayland properly (Firefox and Signal) or needed XWayland to run.

Then my AMD GPU went and died. So now weeping on an Nvidia 960 borrowed from a friend on a hastily installed Ubuntu Gnome setup. Usually Arch but also ran into the Nvidia 460/465 DisplayPort bug and was trying to work that out, and only did so eventually when testing Ubuntu and realised the 460 server Nvidia drivers worked. And too tired to rebuild now until I can get rid of this Nvidia card/Nvidia provide actual support. So, here is to the crypto crash, GPUs not costing more than my car, and a return to Sway so I can post some pictures too.
Cyril Jun 30, 2021
Quoting: DoctorJunglistI'd always used light themes, but the theme I was using (mojave-light) started to get buggy with GNOME 40 and Firefox Proton. I begun to search for a new theme, but I couldn't find one that could become a replacement. I decided to finally give using a dark theme a try.

I switched to arc-dark. I used to use arc-darker a long time ago, back when I was using the now-defunct Antergos. It's great that jnsh picked up the maintainership of it so that arc could live again.

Nice to see the icon of Lagrange.
andy155 Jul 11, 2021
https://i.imgur.com/PaSgl5M.png

Last edited by andy155 on 11 July 2021 at 9:13 am UTC
Hamish Aug 1, 2021
Posting at close to the last possible minute but here is July:
scaine Aug 1, 2021
I last posted back in March, nearly five months ago. Other than a few theme tweaks and a new wallpaper, not a huge amount has changed, despite a full re-install!

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.