Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «49/71»
  Go to:
DoctorJunglist Oct 26, 2021
Hamish Nov 4, 2021
So I found that my Radeon RX 460 was no longer providing a display signal completely out of the blue this morning, so for now I am back to using my old reliable Radeon HD 4670 graphics card again.

This old peeling AMD Radeon sticker wallpaper seemed appropriate.
Xpander Nov 4, 2021
Switched back to MATE. While KDE was mostly nice after some tweaking and replacing horrible dolphin with caja, it wasn't too stable and had annoying weird kwin issues. MATE might be old, but its super stable at least for me.

Hamish Nov 4, 2021
Quoting: GuestI hope no driver troubles in switching around? You know what you're doing so probably not, but would still be interested in your thoughts on the matter.
Only because I have a very specific xorg.conf for my Zaphod Mode dual monitors. I just had to grab the xf86-video-ati package and make the necessary changes to the ports and driver lines. I do not have a display manager installed so I could easily make the changes with nano before launching Xfce.

Eventually I am going to take the fans, shroud, and heat sink off the Radeon RX 460 just to make sure it is not something obvious like bad capacitors or something. At least I can still win Icewind Dale from the Radeon HD 4670, and it gives me an excuse to play around with Dianoga and get more articles done. Rage 128 Pro is still working just fine.

Last edited by Hamish on 26 November 2021 at 10:44 pm UTC
Avehicle7887 Nov 4, 2021
Quoting: XpanderSwitched back to MATE. While KDE was mostly nice after some tweaking and replacing horrible dolphin with caja, it wasn't too stable and had annoying weird kwin issues. MATE might be old, but its super stable at least for me.

I've always loved MATE, tried Gnome 3 for a while but got boring really fast. Xfce would be my 2nd favorite.

Got a link to that wallpaper? I'd like to borrow it

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 4 November 2021 at 7:27 pm UTC
Xpander Nov 4, 2021
Quoting: Avehicle7887I've always loved MATE, tried Gnome 3 for a while but got boring really fast. Xfce would be my 2nd favorite.

Got a link to that wallpaper? I'd like to borrow it

XFCE is my second choice as well. KDE third. Gnome is just awful imo.

Wallpaper: https://i.imgur.com/F5pBgjG.jpg
Hamish Dec 1, 2021
Just some cheery holiday colours for December:

Also a new Holomatch icon and Serious Engine 1 launcher down with my source ports.
akselmo Dec 22, 2021

I've had this look for a long while now. Got my favorite color and all, lol.

Even made my own Kvantum theme to support the look.
Hamish Jan 3, 2022
New year, new wallpaper:

Avehicle7887 Jan 4, 2022
Just messing around OpenBox for the evening. Software used: tint2 (panel) and feh (wallpaper setter).

It won't become my daily driver, however it's been a fun learning experience customizing it.

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.