Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
OS Upgrades: Why did Linux get it right?
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
beko Dec 3, 2017
Quoting: slaapliedjeHa, what extension are you working on? Can't say I have tried coding for it, doesn't it use javascript/css for extensions?
A …complex one o0 I need a Redmine extension that works (+ time tracking) and is not just a bunch of design fails. I finally started to make some real progress yesterday.

Yes it does use JS. GJS so be precise. Feels like JS _before_ the age of JQuery (and that's already long gone), when developers run in terror from JS.

Tipp: Do not bother until this stuff here is live and common: https://2017.guadec.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Philip-Chimento-GUADEC-2017-Modern-Javascript-in-GNOME.pdf

Mayhap we'll even get recent (or ANY) documentation. The current ones are from ~2012. I guess that happens when you put your money on a documentation system in MONO.

Seriously. I'm a Senior and programming GJS feels like beeing back in 2000.
Philadelphus Dec 3, 2017
I actually just recently (within the last month) upgraded from Debian stable to testing just so I could get that sweet dopamine release that comes from typing "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade" more often.

Which reminds me, time to run it again! :D
s8as8a Dec 3, 2017
Quoting: PhiladelphusI actually just recently (within the last month) upgraded from Debian stable to testing just so I could get that sweet dopamine release that comes from typing "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade" more often.

Which reminds me, time to run it again! :D
Lay off the drugs, man! :P
Ketil Dec 3, 2017
I recently upgrades fedora from 25 to 26. It took close to two hours, they required reboot into a special environment, and they had disabled login. I decided then that I would switch to ubuntu or arch rather than upgrade to fedora 27.
beko Dec 3, 2017
Quoting: KetilI recently upgrades fedora from 25 to 26. It took close to two hours, they required reboot into a special environment, and they had disabled login. I decided then that I would switch to ubuntu or arch rather than upgrade to fedora 27.
Odd. I run an upgrade from 25 to 27. That required said rebooot too but I just went for a coffee and when I came back it was done. No idea what went wrong for you.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.