Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
PawByte nextGen Linux based Console
theweirdn8 Mar 22, 2013
[left]PLEASE NOTE THIS TOPIC IS MEANT FOR FEEDBACK IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CONSOLE. WE'RE STILL A LONG WAY FROM A PUBLIC RELEASE

GameDev Notes: We tested the new Game Maker export option, SDL, OpenGl, Unity3D and they work on the system. We hope to get the RPG Maker series supported along with Corona as well.

What really is this "new console?"

The PawByte nextGen Console is made via Linux(Currently testing ArchLinux version), does it's Program Store different than the others and heavily loves Open Source, ANYTHING.

PawByte "Flyght" Console Controller Prototype (click to view in 3D

For those interested in more pre-KickStarter events and news you can sign up for our newsletter.

The History of PawByte and our Console
We've been here for quite some time here at PawByte and we will like you to go through our 'interactive' timeline of past, current and future events.

FAQS

Q:How long has this Console been in development?
A: We have been working on the console and hashing out things since early February 2012.

Q: Aren't there enough new consoles out there and sprouting up? Why not join them?
A: We are happy to see that many other people are thinking as we are, but the current nextGen projects do not fit our interests or plan for the gaming and entertaiment industry.

Q: How can I keep in the loop about everything happening?
A: Join our NewsLetter

Q: How long has your newsletter been active?
A: We signed up for MailChimp on July 4, 2012 and sent our first e-mail out on July 12, 2012

Q: Cool I will like to develop a game/program for this new Linux based console. How can I?
A: Great! Please e-mail us at [email protected] and we will let you know how you can get your game/program on our system.

[/left]
KIAaze Apr 1, 2013
I think it would be better to put the "corner buttons" (L,R-like buttons) one on top of the other vertically, i.e. so that you can use the index and middle finger to press both of them.

Advantages:
-Avoids accidentally pressing one button while pressing the other.
-Allows having a finger on all 4 corner buttons at the same time.

P.S.: Why are there black dots on the joysticks and the multi-directional cross?
theweirdn8 May 20, 2013
Sorry for such a late reply.

The model had some issue, but it will be remade soon anyhow. Also the LR buttons will be moved.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.