You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Editors Discussion
Page: «27/36»
  Go to:
Hamish Mar 2, 2014
It all seemed fine to me.
sobkas Mar 8, 2014
I would like to see my bio under my articles, not some guest thing.
Also position of Contributing Editor should be added, so authors(me) can feel special.
Hamish Mar 9, 2014
So basically what you are saying is that you want to join the Editorial team.

Seems fine to me. How does it sound to you Liam?
Liam Dawe Mar 9, 2014
Quoting: sobkasI would like to see my bio under my articles, not some guest thing.
Also position of Contributing Editor should be added, so authors(me) can feel special.

I would have no problem doing this for you, If you can give me a day or two I can add that new level of editor.
Liam Dawe Mar 10, 2014
I have now made it so only I can delete my own comments and articles, just a little bit of protection for when we open up stuff a bit more in future for other editors, needed for lots of reasons I don't need to state I'm sure.

Sobkas, working on your permissions soon.
Liam Dawe Mar 10, 2014
Okay Sobkas should now have the user level of accepted submitter, which gives you the "Contributing Editor" badge, thanks for the hard work on the wine update articles :)
sobkas Mar 10, 2014
Quoting: liamdaweOkay Sobkas should now have the user level of accepted submitter, which gives you the "Contributing Editor" badge, thanks for the hard work on the wine update articles :)
Thanks.
I was thinking about contributing more, maybe a regular column and if there was at least one for every day of the week(I can cover only one day, max two), readers would be more likely to visit site regularly.
I especially like the solution from the escapist site:
a "WEEKLY CONTENT SCHEDULE"

Regular columns with different authors each week can reduce load on them and encourage more contributions.

Pool of games(on wiki where people could state the interest to make one) that needs a review would encourage more reviews and prevent a work duplication.
Now only to get a good idea for a column that lasts more than few weeks :(

I was thinking about reviewing a really old linux games, column would be called "A past of the blast"(need a better one), it will cover the needed tweeaks to make the game work, review of the game and look at the state of Linux gaming at the release and subsequent drop of linux support(or not).
Right now I'm thinking about: https://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/exile3/linuxexile3.html

I can co-edit a feature "Furious Penguin Play" about things in linux gaming scene that made me "furious". It's not like I'm angry about linux gaming every week, so more than one author might be needed. If there is no apropriate topic that week, authors can bring stories from the past.

I will also cover new issues of World Wine News and Wine releases.

I would like to encounter other to submit more ideas. With enough of them, there is a possibility of establishing a weekly publication SCHEDULE that will cover every day.

Sorry for this info dump, but wanted to make my plans known.
Liam Dawe Mar 11, 2014
I like the idea of regular scheduled stuff, which is why we have the Funding Crowd already, so feel free to start some sort of schedule.

Furious Penguin Play does sound amusing, but I am not sure there will be enough content to be so often. That and I don't want us to come across too angry ;)

I have created a wiki page for it here:
http://www.gamingonlinux.com/crowdfunding/index.php5/Article_Schedule
sobkas Mar 15, 2014
I have added a wine to a golum logo and I would like to use it with wine stuff, any objections?
Liam Dawe Mar 15, 2014
Hah looks good to me! For the tagline image it would need to be 350 in width (so just add extra white background).
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.