Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
DiRT Rally GOL League - 2010 Extended Season
Page: «4/12»
  Go to:
tuubi Feb 1, 2018
I did okay in Monaco. Apart from a couple of spins, and blowing and then losing a tyre somewhere on the last sector of the last stage.

The thing is, one of my GPU's cooling fans blew a bearing and started making an awful noise just now. I might miss the next event or two unless the RMA process is extremely quick. Might take even longer if this isn't covered by the ASUS warranty.
Skully Feb 1, 2018
It went great for me. Couldn't match Starving though.

@tuubi Sad to hear that. Hopefully they sort it out quickly for you.
Xpander Feb 2, 2018
Quoting: SkullyIt went great for me. Couldn't match Starving though.

Time differences are so tiny though up to Muell. So i guess it pretty much decided who made the most mistakes lost some and even then the differences are small, ok 17 sec to first place, 13 sec from second to third, 8 sec to 4th and 10 to 5th thats tiny really for the 6 stages and 2 of the Long ones.

Quoting: tuubiI did okay in Monaco. Apart from a couple of spins, and blowing and then losing a tyre somewhere on the last sector of the last stage.

The thing is, one of my GPU's cooling fans blew a bearing and started making an awful noise just now. I might miss the next event or two unless the RMA process is extremely quick. Might take even longer if this isn't covered by the ASUS warranty.

Ouch, hope it goes quickly :(
Xpander Feb 7, 2018
Germany done by me.

S1: crash into stones, reverse needed
S2: clean
S3: clean
S4: 2x spins, 1 with reverse needed
S5: clean
S6: clean
Starving Feb 8, 2018
Surprisingly didn't crash or spin in any stage, just cautious driving.
Xpander Feb 8, 2018
Quoting: StarvingSurprisingly didn't crash or spin in any stage, just cautious driving.

Even without those crashes/spin, i wouldn't be able to match your speed in germany. Tarmac just doesnt work for me that well :)

Ohh and Welcome to the GOL Forums :)
tuubi Feb 8, 2018
I'll be able to join this week after all. My RMA was approved instantly, and I was actually reimbursed the original cost of my GTX 960. Too bad the stock and price situation for new GPUs is so ridiculous currently. Good thing I buy my hardware from an awesome local shop that actually loaned me a brand new 1050Ti while I wait.

Quoting: StarvingSurprisingly didn't crash or spin in any stage, just cautious driving.
I believe the technical term is "grannying". :P
Arnvidr Feb 10, 2018
Did one of my worse Germany runs in a while this time. Topped it off with a puncture on a later stage which just had to be repaired. Oh well, bring on the next one :)
Skully Feb 10, 2018
Didn't do my best in Germany, but it went alright. Even at my best I don't think I could have beat starving.
tuubi Feb 11, 2018
I entertained the crowds with some spectacular crashes, especially on the second stage. Spent the rest of the event trying to fix the worst of the damage.

Driving these modern cars on the German asphalt stages just doesn't feel like proper rally to me. It's all a bit too technical and precise.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.