Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
DiRT Rally GOL League - 2010 Extended Season
Page: «3/12»
  Go to:
Arnvidr Jan 24, 2018
Hit no less than 4 telephone poles on the first stage, so was fighting with a repair problem throughout. Didn't do too bad on the rest of the stages though, so not too far behind in the end.

Had an epic finish on the third stage though, where I came up on the edge of the road, hit something that spun me around, and then flew backward across the finish line.
muell Jan 25, 2018
Finland is my least favorite rally. I'm also using the Ford Fiesta for the first time and I've never changed any settings on a car. Dunno if the suspension is very soft or what it is but it feels weird and I had to fight with the car more often than with the VW Polo.

What I also find curious is that my mind starts to wander with the modern cars on tracks I know especially on the rather boring ones in Finland. It's really bad because I stop listening to the co-driver, have the hud disabled and every now and then I simply forget a corner.

Anyway, looking forward to the next few events.
Xpander Jan 25, 2018
Quoting: muellFinland is my least favorite rally. I'm also using the Ford Fiesta for the first time and I've never changed any settings on a car. Dunno if the suspension is very soft or what it is but it feels weird and I had to fight with the car more often than with the VW Polo.

What I also find curious is that my mind starts to wander with the modern cars on tracks I know especially on the rather boring ones in Finland. It's really bad because I stop listening to the co-driver, have the hud disabled and every now and then I simply forget a corner.

Anyway, looking forward to the next few events.

hehe finland is my favourite :D its so bumpy and challenging and fast. I absolutely love it.
I tried without HUD (pacenote display) at one point but since english isn't my native language it was superbly hard to listen the co-driver, so i still use pacenotes display also. Default setup is usually pretty fine for finland, but that ofc depends your driving style. i myself like to put dampners a bit more firm and ofc break balance a bit to the rear because 4WD is a bit of a weird beast :D
muell Jan 26, 2018
Finland in Group B is challenging indeed. Older cards tend to be slow enough to give you lots of time to get everything under control and newer cars are slower and have better suspension so it's not that much of a problem either. That Peugeot 205 T16 seems uncontrollable when it starts bumping around but a friend of mine somehow manages with his steering wheel.

I really should try out all the cars sometime and play with the settings… might even help to prevent all the spins in Sweden.
tuubi Jan 26, 2018
Quoting: muellI really should try out all the cars sometime and play with the settings… might even help to prevent all the spins in Sweden.
No amount of fiddling will prevent them, but finding a good setup does make the car easier to handle. What's good for you might not be good for everyone else though. I'm a total amateur at it, but there are a few basic things to try if the car over/understeers, feels too unstable etc. I'm sure there are good guides around the web.

Finland's jumps are deadly. Still, Sweden is my least favourite venue.
tuubi Jan 27, 2018
Finished Finland. To quote a legend in a recent interview in The Grand Tour: "I don't like jumps".

I ended up crashing at least once on every stage. Did very well considering. Actually, I'd have grabbed the third place if it wasn't for two trips to the woods on the last stage.

I completely agree with muell though: The modern cars are a bit boring.
Edmene Jan 28, 2018
All clean until stage 4 from that point onwards at least a spin or a crash in each stage, additionally is really annoying when the game crash mid stage, it happened two times in the last stages.
Xpander Jan 31, 2018
Ok Monaco done for me. Went pretty bad, specially first 3 stages :(

S1: Spin
S2: Crash into cars, Reverse needed
S3: Crash into stone fence, Reverse needed
S4: Clean
S5: Clean
S6: Spin
Redface Jan 31, 2018
I went flying at the end of stage 1 :-(
Arnvidr Feb 1, 2018
Had to do a recover to avoid a DNF in stage 2, and had a silly spin in stage 4, otherwise you guys are just that much faster than me!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.