Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal, Flattr, Liberapay or Buy us a Coffee. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Humble bundle and Rise of the Tomb Raider... a little premature?
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
slaapliedje 18 Mar, 2018

Humble Bundle jumping the gun a bit?

damarrin 18 Mar, 2018

How come? It's been confirmed.

Liam Dawe 18 Mar, 2018

Yes, Feral have been notified about it.

damarrinHow come? It's been confirmed.
It's likely Feral won't get paid, if people buy it now, since it's not actually out. Humble are advertising it for Linux, when it doesn't yet exist.

slaapliedje 18 Mar, 2018

Yeah, confirmed and "if you buy this now it will work on Linux." Is quite a bit different.

I was happy for a minute until I looked on my Steam account where I already own it and it did not say to install it.

damarrin 19 Mar, 2018

Hmmm, fair points. Bad Humble. ;-)

slaapliedje 20 Mar, 2018

It's not out yet for Linux, that was the point of my thread.

libgradev 21 Mar, 2018

It's been confirmed to count as a Linux sale and you can pre-order it on Feral's site too now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/84plzw/rise_of_the_tomb_raider_humble_store_already/dvsrqz3/

slaapliedje 21 Mar, 2018

Sweet, wonder if this will be a trend for 'Real Soon'

damarrin 21 Mar, 2018

Oh, so good Humble, then? :-)

I'm trying to justify getting it on Feral's store and I just... can't...

slaapliedje 21 Mar, 2018

Ha, so on the one hand I was like 'wtf?' on the other hand, Humble Bundle has a really killer deal!

I already own the game (I think from a previous humble bundle) but have not played it yet. I'm sure though I can't still have it count as a Linux sale :(

Paceline 26 Mar, 2018

liamdaweYes, Feral have been notified about it.

damarrinHow come? It's been confirmed.
It's likely Feral won't get paid, if people buy it now, since it's not actually out. Humble are advertising it for Linux, when it doesn't yet exist.

I asked Feral when this game went on sale at Steam a couple weeks ago and it looks like they do get paid as long as you buy, install, and play on linux/mac

"Feral Interactive: Now that we've announced Rise of the Tomb Raider for macOS/Linux, it's "safe" to go ahead and buy it as long as you buy, install and play it on macOS/Linux. We totally understand that sales like this are not easy to resist!"

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...