You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal!
  Go to:
Humble bundle and Rise of the Tomb Raider... a little premature?
slaapliedje commented on 18 March 2018 at 6:38 pm UTC

Humble Bundle jumping the gun a bit?

damarrin commented on 18 March 2018 at 9:36 pm UTC

How come? It's been confirmed.

liamdawe commented on 18 March 2018 at 10:26 pm UTC

Yes, Feral have been notified about it.

damarrinHow come? It's been confirmed.
It's likely Feral won't get paid, if people buy it now, since it's not actually out. Humble are advertising it for Linux, when it doesn't yet exist.

slaapliedje commented on 18 March 2018 at 10:31 pm UTC

Yeah, confirmed and "if you buy this now it will work on Linux." Is quite a bit different.

I was happy for a minute until I looked on my Steam account where I already own it and it did not say to install it.

damarrin commented on 19 March 2018 at 12:40 pm UTC

Hmmm, fair points. Bad Humble. ;-)

slaapliedje commented on 20 March 2018 at 10:05 am UTC

It's not out yet for Linux, that was the point of my thread.

libgradev commented on 21 March 2018 at 6:49 am UTC

It's been confirmed to count as a Linux sale and you can pre-order it on Feral's site too now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/84plzw/rise_of_the_tomb_raider_humble_store_already/dvsrqz3/

slaapliedje commented on 21 March 2018 at 7:04 am UTC

Sweet, wonder if this will be a trend for 'Real Soon'

damarrin commented on 21 March 2018 at 8:16 am UTC

Oh, so good Humble, then? :-)

I'm trying to justify getting it on Feral's store and I just... can't...

slaapliedje commented on 21 March 2018 at 3:53 pm UTC

Ha, so on the one hand I was like 'wtf?' on the other hand, Humble Bundle has a really killer deal!

I already own the game (I think from a previous humble bundle) but have not played it yet. I'm sure though I can't still have it count as a Linux sale

Paceline commented on 26 March 2018 at 8:14 pm UTC

liamdaweYes, Feral have been notified about it.

damarrinHow come? It's been confirmed.
It's likely Feral won't get paid, if people buy it now, since it's not actually out. Humble are advertising it for Linux, when it doesn't yet exist.

I asked Feral when this game went on sale at Steam a couple weeks ago and it looks like they do get paid as long as you buy, install, and play on linux/mac

"Feral Interactive: Now that we've announced Rise of the Tomb Raider for macOS/Linux, it's "safe" to go ahead and buy it as long as you buy, install and play it on macOS/Linux. We totally understand that sales like this are not easy to resist!"

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • RPGoodness: „Victor Vran“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts