Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Humble bundle and Rise of the Tomb Raider... a little premature?
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
slaapliedje Mar 18, 2018
Humble Bundle jumping the gun a bit?

damarrin Mar 18, 2018
How come? It's been confirmed.
Liam Dawe Mar 18, 2018
Yes, Feral have been notified about it.

Quoting: damarrinHow come? It's been confirmed.
It's likely Feral won't get paid, if people buy it now, since it's not actually out. Humble are advertising it for Linux, when it doesn't yet exist.
slaapliedje Mar 18, 2018
Yeah, confirmed and "if you buy this now it will work on Linux." Is quite a bit different.

I was happy for a minute until I looked on my Steam account where I already own it and it did not say to install it.
damarrin Mar 19, 2018
Hmmm, fair points. Bad Humble. ;-)
slaapliedje Mar 20, 2018
It's not out yet for Linux, that was the point of my thread.
libgradev Mar 21, 2018
It's been confirmed to count as a Linux sale and you can pre-order it on Feral's site too now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/84plzw/rise_of_the_tomb_raider_humble_store_already/dvsrqz3/
slaapliedje Mar 21, 2018
Sweet, wonder if this will be a trend for 'Real Soon'
damarrin Mar 21, 2018
Oh, so good Humble, then? :-)

I'm trying to justify getting it on Feral's store and I just... can't...
slaapliedje Mar 21, 2018
Ha, so on the one hand I was like 'wtf?' on the other hand, Humble Bundle has a really killer deal!

I already own the game (I think from a previous humble bundle) but have not played it yet. I'm sure though I can't still have it count as a Linux sale :(
Paceline Mar 26, 2018
Quoting: liamdaweYes, Feral have been notified about it.

Quoting: damarrinHow come? It's been confirmed.
It's likely Feral won't get paid, if people buy it now, since it's not actually out. Humble are advertising it for Linux, when it doesn't yet exist.

I asked Feral when this game went on sale at Steam a couple weeks ago and it looks like they do get paid as long as you buy, install, and play on linux/mac

"Feral Interactive: Now that we've announced Rise of the Tomb Raider for macOS/Linux, it's "safe" to go ahead and buy it as long as you buy, install and play it on macOS/Linux. We totally understand that sales like this are not easy to resist!"
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.