You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
  Go to:
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Extended Season
Xpander commented on 26 May 2018 at 7:22 am UTC

Fakeman_PretendnameHi guys,

Is it possible to join the league halfway through the season, or should I wait for the next one?

Steam/Codemasters name is also Fakeman Pretendname.

Many thanks
You can join in the middle also. I accepted you to the league. you have a day and a bit more to get the Finland done and then there are 5 more events to run

tuubi commented on 26 May 2018 at 10:54 am UTC

Completely destroyed my radiator and various other parts of the car in the crashfest that was the first two stages. The rest of the event I was basically trying to keep the car in one piece. By the last stage it sounded and felt like I was driving a steam engine, but somehow I mostly managed to keep it on the road and moving forward. Did very well, considering.

Fakeman_Pretendname commented on 26 May 2018 at 4:21 pm UTC

Thanks for letting me in the league!

I've completed the Finnish stages, though not very successfully.

I must admit I've always struggled with the Group B cars, and I expected to be off the pace... but maybe not quite so much

I had a dreadful first few rounds (13 trees trashed, 2 Finns flattened, 1 puncture, 3 spins, half a radiator ruined), which was pretty much unrecoverable from regarding times. Everyone slower than me seems to have dropped out a few rounds in.

The other rounds were relatively smooth, but I was consistently 1 minute off the pace on the short tracks anyway - except for round 4 where I got a puncture 10 seconds in, and completed the round with a few spectacular smashes, a 2nd puncture and a few amazing barrel rolls. I crawled over the line with a tyre missing and no doors. I think even without accidents, I'd have been about 8 minutes off the pace.

Slightly embarrassingly bad, but I enjoyed myself - and better than a DNF I guess

Arnvidr commented on 26 May 2018 at 5:04 pm UTC

Welcome to the league, pretender!

Forgot to post about my run through early in the week. I think I had a puncture, which I repaired, so 90 seconds extra time lost there, otherwise I don't think I had too many disasters. I was the only driver past stage 2 at that point though, so I have no idea how far behind I ended up in the end, so I'm looking forward to checking it out now

Skully commented on 26 May 2018 at 11:36 pm UTC

I did alright'ish. Did get a puncture somewhere in there

Xpander commented on 28 May 2018 at 2:39 am UTC

First post updated. Next is Monaco.

Hope i can drive thisone also. Will have a finger operation today and that's my gear shifting finger, lets see.

tuubi commented on 28 May 2018 at 9:28 am UTC

XpanderFirst post updated. Next is Monaco.

Hope i can drive thisone also. Will have a finger operation today and that's my gear shifting finger, lets see.
Good luck with the operation. You could always switch to automatic gears for a while if you want to give the finger a rest. I bet you'd still be almost as fast.

Xpander commented on 28 May 2018 at 3:27 pm UTC

tuubiGood luck with the operation. You could always switch to automatic gears for a while if you want to give the finger a rest. I bet you'd still be almost as fast.

Thanks. Operation went well i think. At least its good atm. Can't use the finger for several days though. Automatic gearbox is an option indeed, but it sounds weird. Can you still use downshifting with automatic gearbox? i need this for taking corners

tuubi commented on 28 May 2018 at 3:39 pm UTC

XpanderCan you still use downshifting with automatic gearbox? I need this for taking corners
I don't think you can with full automatic. Obviously you'll lose some control because of this. But hey, at least you can still drive.

Skully commented on 28 May 2018 at 6:55 pm UTC

I think you can. But you also have other fingers.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: „Dreamfall Chapters“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts