You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
  Go to:
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Extended Season
Xpander commented on 9 May 2018 at 5:22 pm UTC

So, finished the rest now. I was really flying, except on the last stage where i made a mistake.

S3: Clean
S4: Clean
S5: Clean
S6: Crash into barrier, reverse needed

5th stage was my fav, won 16sec over muell there, last 2 sectors specially, got into nice flow and my setup was perfect for those corners there.

anyway, managed to won this by small margin, even though i lost 23 sec on the first 2 stages

ajgp commented on 9 May 2018 at 10:51 pm UTC

completed Greece though not without its trials, Dirt was micro stuttering for me constantly which made cornering far more of a challange than it usually is for me.

Cant work out whats causing it though as the stutter didnt exist when I have done previous races. I tried changing Nvidia driver from 396 series to 390; no difference and moving from kernel 4.15 to 4.16 also made no effect. Hopefully I can figure it out for next week.

Arnvidr commented on 11 May 2018 at 9:05 am UTC

ajgpcompleted Greece though not without its trials, Dirt was micro stuttering for me constantly which made cornering far more of a challange than it usually is for me.

Cant work out whats causing it though as the stutter didnt exist when I have done previous races. I tried changing Nvidia driver from 396 series to 390; no difference and moving from kernel 4.15 to 4.16 also made no effect. Hopefully I can figure it out for next week.
I'm imagining the stutters appeared for me sometime in the last 3 driver updates, so it might be worth a try to move back to 390.12 or 390.25 if you can be bothered. For what it's worth, I'm still on 4.14.

Greece was indeed a trial, as I seemed to really want to jump off the edge at several points along the routes. The S4 is a powerful beast though, and I managed to get back on track on every occasion without getting the 15 second penalty. Felt like I climbed back up a nearly vertical hill one time!

tuubi commented on 11 May 2018 at 9:26 am UTC

I just did the last two stages myself. When I had the patience to go really easy on the throttle, I managed relatively decent runs. The best ones were only a few seconds off the fastest time. That said, I never really felt like I was in control of the Lancia, but I guess being tired and distracted didn't help. At least I managed to end my DNF streak.

ArnvidrI'm imagining the stutters appeared for me sometime in the last 3 driver updates, so it might be worth a try to move back to 390.12 or 390.25 if you can be bothered. For what it's worth, I'm still on 4.14.
Driver 396.24 and kernel 4.15 here. The game is butter smooth, even with the new shader compiler.

EDIT: I've got full composition pipeline enabled and v-sync off.

Xpander commented on 11 May 2018 at 2:34 pm UTC

buttersmooth here also, i dont remember having issues with stuttering ever. And i have been using lots of drivers with this game, only the segfaults i got with the 396.18.xx point release drivers. Stuttering probably is caused by something else.

currently on 396.24 and kernel 4.16.7-zen

Arnvidr commented on 14 May 2018 at 7:13 am UTC

Upgraded from 4.14.29 to 4.14.39 and driver 396.18 to 396.24 and driving felt a lot smoother yesterday.

Xpander commented on 19 May 2018 at 1:39 pm UTC

UK done, No major mistakes, but i think i was driving more carefully also, did not take risks. Setup worked really really good also.

Summary:
S1: Clean
S2: Spin with reverse
S3: Clean
S6: Clean

Xpander commented on 21 May 2018 at 3:40 am UTC

First post updated.

What happened to muell? ragequit? i could swear i saw his time for the first stage, 5.59, but then it dissapeared.

Xpander commented on 24 May 2018 at 5:04 pm UTC

Finland done. Enjoyed quite a bit. left the gearbox setup default and rarely used 5th gear, mostly flatout on 4th gear. Probably should have changed it a bit.

S1: Clean
S2: Trip to the Fields
S3: Spin at high speed (damn bushes)
S6: Clean

Fakeman_Pretendname commented on 25 May 2018 at 9:44 pm UTC

Hi guys,

Is it possible to join the league halfway through the season, or should I wait for the next one?

Steam/Codemasters name is also Fakeman Pretendname.

Many thanks

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: „Dreamfall Chapters“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts