Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Extended Season
Page: «5/11»
  Go to:
Xpander May 9, 2018
So, finished the rest now. I was really flying, except on the last stage where i made a mistake.

S3: Clean
S4: Clean
S5: Clean
S6: Crash into barrier, reverse needed

5th stage was my fav, won 16sec over muell there, last 2 sectors specially, got into nice flow and my setup was perfect for those corners there.

anyway, managed to won this by small margin, even though i lost 23 sec on the first 2 stages
Cmdr_Iras May 9, 2018
completed Greece though not without its trials, Dirt was micro stuttering for me constantly which made cornering far more of a challange than it usually is for me.

Cant work out whats causing it though as the stutter didnt exist when I have done previous races. I tried changing Nvidia driver from 396 series to 390; no difference and moving from kernel 4.15 to 4.16 also made no effect. Hopefully I can figure it out for next week.
Arnvidr May 11, 2018
Quoting: ajgpcompleted Greece though not without its trials, Dirt was micro stuttering for me constantly which made cornering far more of a challange than it usually is for me.

Cant work out whats causing it though as the stutter didnt exist when I have done previous races. I tried changing Nvidia driver from 396 series to 390; no difference and moving from kernel 4.15 to 4.16 also made no effect. Hopefully I can figure it out for next week.
I'm imagining the stutters appeared for me sometime in the last 3 driver updates, so it might be worth a try to move back to 390.12 or 390.25 if you can be bothered. For what it's worth, I'm still on 4.14.

Greece was indeed a trial, as I seemed to really want to jump off the edge at several points along the routes. The S4 is a powerful beast though, and I managed to get back on track on every occasion without getting the 15 second penalty. Felt like I climbed back up a nearly vertical hill one time!
tuubi May 11, 2018
I just did the last two stages myself. When I had the patience to go really easy on the throttle, I managed relatively decent runs. The best ones were only a few seconds off the fastest time. That said, I never really felt like I was in control of the Lancia, but I guess being tired and distracted didn't help. At least I managed to end my DNF streak.

Quoting: ArnvidrI'm imagining the stutters appeared for me sometime in the last 3 driver updates, so it might be worth a try to move back to 390.12 or 390.25 if you can be bothered. For what it's worth, I'm still on 4.14.
Driver 396.24 and kernel 4.15 here. The game is butter smooth, even with the new shader compiler.

EDIT: I've got full composition pipeline enabled and v-sync off.
Xpander May 11, 2018
buttersmooth here also, i dont remember having issues with stuttering ever. And i have been using lots of drivers with this game, only the segfaults i got with the 396.18.xx point release drivers. Stuttering probably is caused by something else.

currently on 396.24 and kernel 4.16.7-zen
Arnvidr May 14, 2018
Upgraded from 4.14.29 to 4.14.39 and driver 396.18 to 396.24 and driving felt a lot smoother yesterday.
Xpander May 19, 2018
UK done, No major mistakes, but i think i was driving more carefully also, did not take risks. Setup worked really really good also.

Summary:
S1: Clean
S2: Spin with reverse
S3: Clean
S6: Clean
Xpander May 21, 2018
First post updated.

What happened to muell? ragequit? i could swear i saw his time for the first stage, 5.59, but then it dissapeared.
Xpander May 24, 2018
Finland done. Enjoyed quite a bit. left the gearbox setup default and rarely used 5th gear, mostly flatout on 4th gear. Probably should have changed it a bit.

S1: Clean
S2: Trip to the Fields
S3: Spin at high speed (damn bushes)
S6: Clean
Fakeman_Pretendname May 25, 2018
Hi guys,

Is it possible to join the league halfway through the season, or should I wait for the next one?

Steam/Codemasters name is also Fakeman Pretendname.

Many thanks :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.