Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Extended Season
Page: 1/11»
  Go to:
Xpander Apr 9, 2018
League Website: https://www.dirtgame.com/leagues/league/85340/gol-4fun

Season Completed
[

• Season has Double events, Every Event(Country) is twice.

• All tracks from different Countries are used

• Tracks are mixed up so it doesnt feel like driving all the same stage for 1 event

• Every Event has 4 short stages.

• Every Event has 2 long stages.

• Service Area after every stage

• Checkpoint after every 2 stages.

• Car tuning after every 2 stages.

• Weather is default on every stage (Midday/Sunny or in case of UK (Midday/Overcast)

• Restarts not Allowed

• Car restrictions for Group B cars

• Every event lasts 1 week (plenty of time to get some times in)

Enjoy the Bumps!

Sweden 1:
[

Finland 1:
[

Monaco 1:
[

Germany 1:
[

Greece 1:
[

UK 1:
[

Finland 2:
[

Monaco 2:
[

Sweden 2:
[

Germany 2:
[

UK 2:
[

Greece 2:
[

LEAGUE STANDINGS

1 Xpander 273
2 muell 216
3 arnvidr 121
4 Skully 111
5 tuubi 84
6 Soltrumman 58
7 Fakeman Pretendname 52
8 Redface 51
9 AJGP-Linux 36
10 Meneghedson 35
11 The Aquabat 20
12 Jet Spiegel 14
13 flipper 12
Cmdr_Iras Apr 10, 2018
Looking forward to joining in; though I fully expect to be terrible; I did a few test runs last night and I seem to be hitting the community delta time!
Xpander Apr 10, 2018
Quoting: ajgpLooking forward to joining in; though I fully expect to be terrible; I did a few test runs last night and I seem to be hitting the community delta time!
You already joined i see if you are AJGP-Linux. It has started, so you can already drive. Good luck
tuubi Apr 10, 2018
Quoting: ajgpLooking forward to joining in; though I fully expect to be terrible; I did a few test runs last night and I seem to be hitting the community delta time!
Oh, you got your problems sorted out? Nice!

The driving is quite realistic and unforgiving, so unless you're a natural, it'll take practice to get the hang of it. I've pretty much hit my limit at "usually in the top tier / above average", but here's some advice anyway:

Get used to the cabin or dashboard view (I like the latter) for better control, and try if the assists actually help you in any way. I found that driving actually feels more natural and predictable without most/any of them.

Also, don't be afraid to mess with the car setup. You'll probably find a lot of advice if you look for it, but here's a couple of simplified pointers: If you need more responsive handling, you might want to stiffen the dampers a bit. If some RWD monster like the Stratos feels impossible to keep pointing in the right direction, loosening the rear differential (sometimes a lot) might make it slightly less eager to spin. And finally, shortening the gear ratios might give you a decent advantage on stages where you spend a lot of time accelerating. In most car classes you rarely hit your top speed outside of Finland and Germany anyway.

Everyone else: Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot and I've got it all wrong. :D I might even learn something.
Cmdr_Iras Apr 10, 2018
Quoting: tuubi
Oh, you got your problems sorted out? Nice!

The driving is quite realistic and unforgiving, so unless you're a natural, it'll take practice to get the hang of it. I've pretty much hit my limit at "usually in the top tier / above average", but here's some advice anyway:

Get used to the cabin or dashboard view (I like the latter) for better control, and try if the assists actually help you in any way. I found that driving actually feels more natural and predictable without most/any of them.

Also, don't be afraid to mess with the car setup. You'll probably find a lot of advice if you look for it, but here's a couple of simplified pointers: If you need more responsive handling, you might want to stiffen the dampers a bit. If some RWD monster like the Stratos feels impossible to keep pointing in the right direction, loosening the rear differential (sometimes a lot) might make it slightly less eager to spin. And finally, shortening the gear ratios might give you a decent advantage on stages where you spend a lot of time accelerating. In most car classes you rarely hit your top speed outside of Finland and Germany anyway.

Everyone else: Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot and I've got it all wrong. :D I might even learn something.

Ta, yeah after I emailed Codemasters it started working.

I will try cabin view; I usually use the external camera but will give it a shot. Im not sure what assists I have on; I tink Traction and one other is off. And I have automatic transmission set as I couldnt get a handle on gears on a 360 controller.

Oh yeah I was straight into the vehicle setup- will try the differentials didnt change thos but I did mess with the gear ratios to get better accelleration as I figure my style will probably suit that.
tuubi Apr 10, 2018
Quoting: ajgpAnd I have automatic transmission set as I couldnt get a handle on gears on a 360 controller.
I mostly drive with auto transmission myself, for the same reason. It isn't actually even counted as an assist by the game.
Arnvidr Apr 11, 2018
Alright, I jumped in pretty quickly and did an ok Sweden. Was almost snow blind after all that sun though :D

Will be more interesting to see if I can actually manage to do the event next week though. The event starts at 10:15 local time, and I need to be at the airport sometime around 12:00 or so. Thrilling Monday morning, or disappointing week? Check in next week to find out! (or not, since I won't have time to check the forum)
Cmdr_Iras Apr 11, 2018
Well done the first event, cant say Im happy; S1 & S2 I just couldnt keep control ended up in the snow drifts far to much and constant over correcting on steering hampered any attempt at picking up speed.

The short stages while off the pace of the current leader were at least nuch more respectable.

Hopefully I improve by next week!
Xpander Apr 12, 2018
Sweden done. Was fighting with the setup at first, totally different than 2010 cars. But managed to drive pretty fast. First 2 stages took me some getting used to, from S3 onwards it was pretty good. Second one was terrible, so many spins and 1 crash.

S1: 2 spins, 1 with engine stall
S2: 4 spins, one with reverse and crash into tree with reverse
S3: Clean
S4: Clean
S5: Clean
S6: Spin
tuubi Apr 12, 2018
Quoting: XpanderSweden done. Was fighting with the setup at first, totally different than 2010 cars. But managed to drive pretty fast.
Can I be curious about the setup you settled on?
Xpander Apr 12, 2018
Quoting: tuubi
Quoting: XpanderSweden done. Was fighting with the setup at first, totally different than 2010 cars. But managed to drive pretty fast.
Can I be curious about the setup you settled on?

break balance 1 tick to the rear side from middle, gears 2 ticks shorter, suspension (both) 1 tick softer, dampners (both) to the same level, 2 clicks from firm. Rest was untouched
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.