Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Show the amount of blocked/hidden comments?
nox May 19, 2018
When you block a user their comments will be hidden, which is nice.
It would be neat if I could see how many comments in the current comment section has been blocked though. (The math can be done manually by comparing the number of comments show on the front page with the number shown in an article)
Liam Dawe May 19, 2018
Well, I could adjust the system so that blocked comments are just hidden in a line rather than completely removed. Unsure how others would feel about that though.
nox May 19, 2018
I'll put my reasoning in for wanting this:
You still see quotes with text from people you block, and you will see that the conversation doesn't really "flow" as it's clearly missing pieces. Knowing how many blocked comments there are would tell me if it's worth trying to read the comments at all, or if it's better to just go read something else :)
Or better yet, hide them "in-line":

I do see why you wonder how other would feel about it, and if you believe doing something like this would be wrong then I'll trust your decision!
Salvatos May 21, 2018
I'm in favor. I usually don't block users on any site because it would break the flow of conversation. I feel it's best when forums warn you that a post is hidden and give you the option to display it if you choose.
Liam Dawe May 21, 2018
Quoting: SalvatosI'm in favor. I usually don't block users on any site because it would break the flow of conversation. I feel it's best when forums warn you that a post is hidden and give you the option to display it if you choose.
Yeah, this is the decision I came too. Working on it atm.
Liam Dawe May 23, 2018
First version of this is now live for article comments.

Todo:
- Adjust the block button when you decide to open one, in favour of an unblock button.

Any idea on a good icon for that?

Once it's looking good, I can roll it out to the forum too.
Xpander May 23, 2018
Quoting: liamdaweAny idea on a good icon for that?

a windows logo? with this around it :D
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.