Using two controllers with Steam games - problems
robvv Jun 1, 2018
I've recently purchased a Logitech F710 to use alongside my Steam Controller in the hope of having two-player games on my openSUSE system. However, I seem to have run into some problems...

The new F710 is detected by the system and the xboxdrv driver is loaded. The F710 is also detected by Steam, however it is not operable in most games. Bizarrely, Pac-Man 256 and Shooty Skies work with both controllers connected, but most others do not.

I launched Strikey Sisters and whilst the Steam Controller operated the menus fine, neither controller worked actually in-game. Neither controller worked in Skullgirls, though both were listed as options in the 'versus' menu. NeuroVoider is another which doesn't recognise either controller, but listed 'xpad' in the menu.

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?
nox Jun 2, 2018
When I've experienced strange issues with controllers through steam my solution has always been to use Big Picture, make sure the controllers are both added there, and then launch the game through big picture.

Not sure if this would help, or if you've already tried it. But I figured I'd tell you what I do, since no one else has replied yet.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.