Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Your most awesome computer crash while gaming?
slaapliedje Jun 21, 2018
My typical crashes usually involve some high volume screaming at me when the game crashed, usually it's all about timing.

This time around my game crash caused the computer to completely freeze (reset button wouldn't even work) and the Steam Controller was stuck on rumbling (I had to pull the battery out!)

What's your most awesome crash?
Xpander Jun 21, 2018
happens rarely. When i had some wrong settings for my CPU/RAM OC, i had some, but they werent anything to remember.

Most awesome crash i think was back in february last year. I was playing ARK on Linux, suddenly framerate started to jump and then boom, like electricity went out, tried to turn PC on again, nothing. opened it up and saw my VRM was smoking for a split second. That was it with this FX [email protected] and cheap gigabutt motherboard whos poor VRMs had to keep up with my OC for several years.
nox Jun 21, 2018
I think the most interesting recent one was because of a dying hard drive. General confusing instability. Then one day we were greeted with a message about the hard drive not functioning properly :D

That was a confusing one to figure out...
denyasis Jun 23, 2018
It was a dark and stormy night. Was playing Morrowind. Suddenly, BOOM FLASH! The screen distorted and then went black. And this is what a near lightning strike will do to a computer. Mobo, CPU, psu; all fried.
damarrin Nov 14, 2018
Is this a bot that takes text and replaces words with synonyms? Certainly looks like it.
robvv Nov 14, 2018
I had some really nasty lock-ups some time ago where the entire system would freeze after a few minutes gaming with a static screen and no working keyboard or mouse input; not even REISUB!

Turned out I had a very furry heatsink on my GPU... oops :-)
Samsai Nov 14, 2018
Quoting: damarrinIs this a bot that takes text and replaces words with synonyms? Certainly looks like it.
Yup, it looks like it's a smarter-than-standard bot that is trying to figure out the mod queue. I brought it up with Liam and we are looking into combating those a bit more effectively. If you happen to see posts like that get through, however, just report them as spam and we'll get the posts cleaned up and accounts locked.
razing32 Nov 14, 2018
For me the most epic happened back when i was younger still playing on Windows.
I was playing a bootleg copy of C&C Tiberian Sun.
Suddenly the disk spun up to load a movie. Then.... CRACK. I pulled out the drive and i saw shards.
To this day i swear a shard flew out when the tray was closed (though might be my imagination as a kid)
Few people believe me this can happen.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.