Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Basemark GPU Benchmark
Page: «3/8»
  Go to:
callcifer Dec 7, 2018
Quoting: pete910What kind of score difference are you seeing ?
Down from ~7900 to ~7800 or so on OpenGL.
pete910 Dec 7, 2018
Quoting: callcifer
Quoting: pete910What kind of score difference are you seeing ?
Down from ~7900 to ~7800 or so on OpenGL.

That's a significant difference! Makes the bench tread useless.
We would have to stick to a certain version to make it somewhat reliable.
callcifer Dec 7, 2018
Yeah, I'll probably wait until a fixed release where Vulkan comes back and performance is back to normal.
Wimpress Jan 10, 2019
Specs

• +151 GPU Clock Offset

• +650 Memory Transfer Rate Offset

• 300W Power Limit

Vulkan

OpenGL

truebluewoo Apr 28, 2019
Hardware:
CPU 4770K - oced to 4.2Ghz
GPU rtx2080ti - oced 200/140

OpenGL Results:
(11750)

Vulkan Results:
It crashes at the end when going to display results, but results in history:
(10638)
callcifer May 2, 2019
Impressive setup @truebluewoo! I've updated the leaderboard.
KohlyKohl May 3, 2019
Anyone else unable to run this? I click to start the test and nothing happens.

GTX 950 with latest Nvidia drivers under stable KDE Neon.
callcifer May 16, 2019
Nice rig @entropie! I've updated the leaderboard.
ChristianKlass Aug 29, 2019
Hi,
I hope it's ok if I post here in the GamingOnLinux-forum as someone from Basemark. Just wanted to give you an update on Basemark GPU development. Since the release of version 1.1 in November 2018, we have been working quite a lot on the benchmark as well as the underlying Rocksolid Engine. You can expect version 1.2 to come out in Q4 2019. Most notable changes will be an added test-workload for very low-end devices, the addition of iOS and macOS - and we also plan to support a flatpak-installer for Linux.
We can't promise that results will be comparable to version 1.1, because of the numerous changes. Sorry, no Raytracing benchmark, yet. We already have it in the engine, but we want to have a Raytracing-benchmark, that is truly multi-platform and multi-vendor-compatible.
What wishes do you have when it comes to Basemark GPU on Linux?

All the best from team Basemark from Helsinki
Christian (I'm the German in the team, apologies for that ;-))
WildCoder Aug 29, 2019
@ChristianKlass good to hear about the upcoming update. Is the installer going to be flatpak only? If so my wish for a Linux version would be to have another mean to install it... IMHO there's nothing wrong with a good old .tar.gz file.
We don't really need an "installer" around these parts.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.