Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Cyberpunk 2077 twitter
Liam Dawe Jun 29, 2018
Just to bring your attention to this: https://twitter.com/gamingonlinux/status/1012768858560712704

What started as a little fun by GOG, turned into a joke from the official Cyberpunk 2077 twitter account about no one wanting the game on Linux. So I decided to test their theory with our tweet ;)
Shmerl Jul 15, 2018
520 likes - not bad!
Shmerl Apr 1, 2019
This looks interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdBhUN3SZ8g&t=46m35s

Which means they might end up releasing it with Vulkan renderer and for Linux.
Shmerl Jun 16, 2019
In this video, CDPR shows how to access their server using ssh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwr6TlEbiuU

If you do, you can find a readme.txt there, though it says nothing about Linux.

Feel free to try for fun.
wvstolzing Jun 16, 2019
Quoting: ShmerlIn this video, CDPR shows how to access their server using ssh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwr6TlEbiuU

If you do, you can find a readme.txt there, though it says nothing about Linux.

Feel free to try for fun.

I had no idea the server & username etc. were real in that ad....

They're complete bastards though, for using 'Debian 10' in their ads ... and not releasing ... you know, 'stuff', on Linux.
Ehvis Jun 16, 2019
Quoting: wvstolzingThey're complete bastards though, for using 'Debian 10' in their ads ... and not releasing ... you know, 'stuff', on Linux.

I imagine that goes for all AAA devs/publishers. Somewhere in their infrastructure they will depend on Linux servers. Doesn't mean they will cater to a few tenths of a percent of their potential market.
wvstolzing Jun 16, 2019
Quoting: Ehvis
Quoting: wvstolzingThey're complete bastards though, for using 'Debian 10' in their ads ... and not releasing ... you know, 'stuff', on Linux.

I imagine that goes for all AAA devs/publishers. Somewhere in their infrastructure they will depend on Linux servers. Doesn't mean they will cater to a few tenths of a percent of their potential market.

Yeah but at least they don't put it in their ads. Last time there was a Cyb.2077 reveal, I believe 'Centos' was flashed on a terminal screen for a brief moment.
To make it a bit tongue-in-cheek though, they could've used 'openindiana hipster edition'.
Shmerl Jun 16, 2019
Quoting: wvstolzingI had no idea the server & username etc. were real in that ad....

They're complete bastards though, for using 'Debian 10' in their ads ... and not releasing ... you know, 'stuff', on Linux.

It is real, I logged in there, they have a limited VM running with rbash and a few directories shown. You can download a couple of posters and readme.txt using scp. Nothing about Linux port there though :(

I'd say it's indeed annoying, they are teasing people like that, but can't release the game for Linux.

The video shows some Secret_Projects directory, but it's not available on the server.
wvstolzing Jun 16, 2019
Quoting: ShmerlIt is real, I logged in there, they have a limited VM running with rbash and a few directories shown. You can download a couple of posters and readme.txt using scp.

Yeah I got all that stuff (though I don't quite understand the point of the 'broken_upload' picture -- I mean, obviously an ad for Galaxy 2.0, but why there?).
Shmerl Jun 18, 2019
scp -r -P 2020 [email protected]:/home/samurai/Cyberpunk_2077 .
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.